MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

fair weather riders

fair weather riders - Forums [Biker Match] fair weather riders - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

fair weather riders

Anyone round bristol and surrounding areas ride in the winter finally lost patience with guys I ride with (or rather dont) spot of rain one degree drop in temperature and its like getting blood out of stone to get them out on their bikes

Update Reply
zpower @ 09/02/2015 09:46  

Lol you get them in all areas not just Bristol

Update Reply
JP @ 09/02/2015 10:19  

Aint that the truth
Frustrating though aint it lol

Update Reply
zpower @ 09/02/2015 10:31  

I'm in that category now. Too much snow to get the bike across the paddock to the road :-(

Come back rain all is forgiven.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2015 10:52  

Bet thats even more frustrating stuie
Wanting to get out but cant

Update Reply
zpower @ 09/02/2015 11:11  

Hmm yea grrrrrrr

What's even worse is the long layup for the bike (3 weeks) has finished off the battery)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2015 12:19  

Weather is king for many riders. Bottesford toy run really nice day 400 bikes out brass monkey charity run cold damp fogy 60 bikes there.

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 09/02/2015 18:54  

Share your frustration, although there are plenty of hardy bikers up here - the Edinburgh IAM group have been having rideouts most weekends all through the winter

I'm also amazed how many bikes are braving the salty roads for commuting in Edinburgh - usually I quite like being one of the very few bikes on the road

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2015 19:54  

Been going out most Sundays for a breakfast run with just a couple of us we even have a 63 year old great grand mother who comes out with us on her 125 respect

Update Reply
zpower @ 09/02/2015 19:59  

not me bring back the sun il pilly in this but not ride my baby

Update Reply
kaycat @ 09/02/2015 20:00  

Sorry too much chrome to clean every time. Salt just rots it

Soon be spring

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2015 20:02  

I miss being out, and I ride in most weather bar snow n ice. Can't wait for me knee to heal......I wanna be out there Everyone rides their own ride though.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 09/02/2015 20:13  

yes RB every one rides there own,ok ive done the ice and snow madness,but get out in all weathers sharpens you up for when the weather is more clement

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 09/02/2015 20:55  

Cold and wet= not fun
Dicking about on a dirt bike in the snow= fun
Commuting in the snow surrounded by cagers= not fun
Warm and dry= Hooning like a floon

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 09/02/2015 22:42  

From a rallyist’s point of view, there’s more of a sense of adventure to winter events. Not that this is without setbacks. I was once caught in ridiculously deep and heavy snow returning from a New Year’s rally in Shrewsbury, and could’ve been stranded had it not been for the incredible kindness of a family of complete strangers who lived in an isolated Cheshire house. They filled me with coffee, allowed me to leave my bike in an outhouse until I could recover it and drove me in a 4WD to Chester station, where - miraculously - a few trains were still running. It restored my faith in human nature.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/02/2015 14:50  

Urgh yorklyshire rain is awful! Got to get me another bike first-only been 2 months since i sold wench and getting serious withdrawls

Really unable to ride in winter tho due to the heberdens in my fingers- pain from the get go or happier fingers and less twitchy arse above 6 degrees ??

Question is which 600 do i get? Cbr, fazer or zzr?

Update Reply
mizzi @ 15/02/2015 18:07  

mizzi I didn't change bikes I changed countries lol,a cruiser would be better for the circulation, what a bout a virago

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 15/02/2015 18:49  

@Mizzi- why limit yourself to a 600?

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 16/02/2015 21:30  

Lmao sat on margarets virago 536 and urgh definitely too wierd!

I've had a bandit 400, er5 (yik) and wenchie my cbr 400 aero and had to extent sidestand on wenchie so i could pick her up! Want a 600 as i need a bit more poke than wenchie wenchie but need to watch the weight of the bike too- sat on a fazer 600 and managed to pick that up without ripping my arm out of its socket, sat on a zzr 600 and can pick that up too

Its what u hav to do when ur 7.5 stones and 5Ɖ" with 29" legs- arse not lardy enough to compress - the er5 was bloody awful even tho i changed the shocks...topped out going over bumps and was like riding a pogo stick... Can manage about 180 kg but struggle with anything bigger

Update Reply
mizzi @ 17/02/2015 08:07  

Personally if I was going jap I would buy a Honda Mizzi.

But then we all know I wouldn't buy jap!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/02/2015 09:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email