MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

fair weather riders

fair weather riders (2) - Forums [Biker Match] fair weather riders (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

fair weather riders

Try an SV650, think the newer ones are lower than the older ones but you can get different "dogbones" and drop the forks.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 17/02/2015 10:25  

Hi all. Looking for someone from around Peak District to ride with thru winter months :) Anyone brave? ;)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2015 18:44  

Im in the north edge of the Peek district and always looking for fellow riders for ride outs.

Last weekend went a little to far. managed to race the snow backto home with a few mins to spare.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2015 20:35  

Just had to deal with furry brakes! Bugger, bugger and double bugger.
The rest of the bikes fine due to acf50 and fs365. Her can't put it on brakes though! At least not if you've got any sense!!!
All sorted now though.
The only good bike for winter is a mountain bike :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 06/03/2015 19:36  

'The only good bike for winter is a mountain bike'

Na a BMW

Mountain bike is no good, no engine!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/03/2015 21:14  

The 1100 virago is a good winter bike, cos it is heavy and stable in a front line. You don't want to lean too much on slippy roads! Low seat height means for an easy foot down if required. Gentle power throughout rev range so no nasty wheel spins.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2015 00:16  

I commute pretty much year round as long as the bike allows, it is somewhat ratty now.
No garage, no fairing, no fear :P

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2015 17:16  

why would i want to get my pride and joy covered in road salt,wet through clothing etc etc to me riding a bike is meant to be fun not meant to be a chore i used to ride all year round until about 10yrs ago when i passed my car test now in the bad weather rosie strumpet stays dry and so do i.and slateing people just cos they dont want to be wet and miserable isnt really nice.we are all different just find different people to ride with or ride on your own i like to ride alone sometimes its peaceful and i ride to my own speed

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 06/04/2015 07:11  

When i was much younger my bike was my only means of transport and i rode it in all weathers. Now i ride for pleasure. Dont find pleasure in getting wet and cleaning the bike is a chore.
I only set off from home in rain if there is a reason to use the bike for the trip.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 15/04/2015 15:44  

When I had my ratty ol' Norton I rode to work in all weathers!
But that was decades ago. Bikes were cheap then and easy to strip and clean/re-paint. I can no longer safely ride on two wheels so I bought a new trike and there's NO 'kin way that's going out in the salt!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2015 16:12  

mizzi zzr ,or ninja love em both no me too no fun in cold wet wether

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 19/04/2015 16:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email