MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Driving licence: abolition of the counterpart

Driving licence: abolition of the counterpart - Forums [Biker Match] Driving licence: abolition of the counterpart - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Driving licence: abolition of the counterpart

Driving licence: abolition of the counterpartFrom 8 June 2015, the photocard licence counterpart will not be valid and will no longer be issued by DVLA. You can find out more about about the change at www.gov.uk/dvla/nomorecounterpart.DVSA will send more information about how the change will affect instructors and learners in the new year.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 23/12/2014 18:45  

Has this not been canceled Ragnar,still working on computer system ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2014 15:08  

Don't know. But I got this for DVSA yesterday.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 24/12/2014 18:14  

The photo card bit is also being done away with June next year

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2014 20:25  

It's the DVLA's way of cutting costs after they shut all the local offices

Update Reply
madscots @ 27/12/2014 12:05  

Deb I dont think the photo card is going so dont go throwing it away just yet

Update Reply
JP @ 27/12/2014 12:08  

As per Visordown article

" counterpart on June 8’
Er, might just hold onto it if it’s all the same to you, DVLA

Posted: 22 December 2014
by Visordown News

THE Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency has set a date for us to tear up the paper counterparts to our driving licences – again.

The DVLA says the paper counterpart will be scrapped on June 8 next year. No new ones will be issued from that date and existing ones should be destroyed, according to the government agency. Details held on the counterparts such as endorsements will instead be accessible in an online database.

Last month the DVLA said we should destroy the counterpart ‘in 2015’ and then had to clarify that the exact date had not been set and was not January 1.

The last time Visordown reported on the matter, some readers commented that they’d rather hold onto the counterpart in case data is lost by the DVLA.

One wrote:  ‘Never, ever, ever destroy or surrender anything sent to you by the DVLA. It's your only evidence when Computer Says No.’

The latest release from the DVLA said: ‘From 8 June 2015, the photocard licence counterpart will not be valid and will no longer be issued by DVLA.

‘When DVLA stops issuing the counterpart, you should destroy yours but you still need to keep your current photocard driving licence.

‘You’ll still be able to use the counterpart driving licence to change your address with DVLA. You can also change your address online.’

The agency said paper driving licences issued before 1998 would remain valid and should not be destroyed."

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 28/12/2014 23:50  

I have a feeling that this part may not be correct. this is the new type Licence. I think its not very clear but the only part that is going is the paper part NOT the photocard.

The latest release from the DVLA said: ‘From 8 June 2015, the photocard licence counterpart will not be valid and will no longer be issued by DVLA.

Update Reply
JP @ 29/12/2014 00:02  

See JP lol do you like apologizing to me lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2014 08:37  

I wish to remain silent at this time

Update Reply
JP @ 29/12/2014 08:52  

@smiler, From what RB has posted it still doesn't say anything about destroying the photocard part of your licence and I think the misunderstanding comes from the line "the photocard licence counterpart will not be valid and will no longer be issued by DVLA."
The photocard licence counterpart, is the paper part and only the paper part.
So I'm with JP here, he doesn't have anything to make any apologies and to get one from him your be better off trying for a drink. so don't hold your breath.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 29/12/2014 09:21  

Ok my mistake so hands up im wrong

and Ragnar i have got a couple of apologies from JP lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2014 09:53  

Smiler You are being lulled into a false sense of security

Update Reply
JP @ 29/12/2014 13:48  

And whys that JP ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2014 15:24