MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

'Road' a story about the Dunlop family

'Road' a story about the Dunlop family - Forums [Biker Match] 'Road' a story about the Dunlop family - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

'Road' a story about the Dunlop family

'Motorcycle road racing is the most dangerous of all motor sports. A sport in which men compete at speeds of up to 200 miles per hour on closed country roads. Roads that on any other day service cars, buses, tractors. Roads that are lined with trees, telegraph posts and stone walls. Unforgiving obstacles when struck by the human body. It is a sport that has claimed many lives over the years and continues to do so to this day. Ireland and the Isle of Man are two of the few places in the world where the sport still survives. Narrated by Liam Neeson, ROAD is the heartbreaking and adrenaline-fuelled tale of a family who have dominated road racing for over thirty years. Robert and Joey Dunlop. Quiet men from a rural village in Northern Ireland - but racers who risked everything to win. And Robert s sons, William and Michael. Two of the world's leading road racers today. Young men determined to continue a family tradition.'

Having just watched 'Road', a story about the Irish road racing dynasty that is the Dunlop family. I'm sitting here with a massive lump in my throat. What a fantastic film. I recorded it when it was shown on Northen Ireland BBC, so not sure if its been shown on the BBC here. But I urge all racing fans to watch it, its a must see in my mind.

Update Reply
SPESH @ 29/10/2014 03:54  

DVD's ordered and one has arrived :-)

Update Reply
SPESH @ 01/11/2014 09:38  

bring a tear to a glass eye that film! Just watch it alone, with the curtains closed... and if you don't shed a tear you're not human!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2014 14:20  

'bring a tear to a glass eye that film! Just watch it alone, with the curtains closed... and if you don't shed a tear you're not human! '

your not wrong there MrMike

Update Reply
SPESH @ 02/11/2014 15:49  

Always been a sucker for a "tear jerker"

Must track down a copy of this

Update Reply
Emzed @ 03/11/2014 20:24  

i,v seen a story about them, not sure if it was this one but it was brilliant but so sad, makes you wonder why there do it

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 04/11/2014 07:47  

As the cliché goes; they definitely broke the mould after Joey was born. There's never been a rider like him and never will be ever again. Absolutely fearless to his last bone but got to have been borderline mentally defective. I watched him 4 times in the 80s and even got to shake his hand once. He was a remarkable man, a proper nice bloke. Still brings a lump to my throat after 15 years nearly. I've always thought his death was inevitable because he only new one life. That of a road racer. RIP yer maun. PS. The movie is excellent with Liam neeson narrating.

Update Reply
Owd Stokey @ 12/12/2014 19:41  

I'll be catching the film vey soon. Waterproof mascara day.

Update Reply
Carolerd350 @ 14/12/2014 20:41  

Better have a spare one hany carol ! You couldn't write this script. It's brilliant.

Update Reply
Owd Stokey @ 15/12/2014 11:57  

I havnt seen the film yet,have a tear in my eye just reading these messages

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 27/12/2014 20:43  

I havnt seen the film yet,have a tear in my eye just reading these messages

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 27/12/2014 20:45  

Gordy, its on I player at the moment. well worth a look.

Update Reply
SPESH @ 28/12/2014 22:02  

OMFG!! Just watched it, a box of tissues deffo needed!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 29/12/2014 18:53  

cant get I player here in spain have to wait till may to see it

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 30/12/2014 18:32  

Just bought another copy from play.com. 5.99, got to be the best buy ever. Even if it is the 3rd copy I've bought oops

Update Reply
SPESH @ 07/01/2015 21:39  

joey also rode in grand prix,he competed in the (I think)the 1979 French grand prix at le mans no 34 check out my pics I was at the race

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 30/01/2015 20:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email