MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Profile Status

Profile Status  - Forums [Biker Match] Profile Status  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Profile Status

Just wondering if anyone else is as frustrated by the profile status of many members on site as me. I know its only a little thing but im getting really brassed off when i extend the hand of friendship to female members who are supposedly looking for 'friends' only to be ignored completely. If the said members are only looking for male 'friends' why the heck dont they admit the fact that they are only interested in finding a bloke! I have lost count of the number of times i have pm'd female members n not even had an acknowledgement of a friendly hello, come join us at an event or turn up at a meet. I think its only common courtesy to respond to a message, even if its to say 'get stuffed'! I know other female members have said that they also struggle with the fact they say they are looking for 'friends' and some guys go jumping straight in there looking for more than what is very obviously not on offer. Presumably, this scenario also works both ways? Whats your take on it? Sorry rant over.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/10/2014 19:30  

Been there, done that and got several t-shirts Linz. I have also lost count of the number of times I have sent a pm and got buckleys in return. Also, after striking up a conversation they no longer contact you after a few days, a guy can only chase for so long and no further.

Update Reply
Double six @ 28/10/2014 19:37  

Its normal as a member of site staff I PM all new members in my area and I only get about a 6% return in message. and that is both male and female so we just got to live with it.

Update Reply
JP @ 28/10/2014 19:44  

Women!

Some may think that if they say outright they are looking for a bloke, this may come across as gagging for it.

So they just say 'looking for friends'.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2014 19:47  

What we need hun is a button that says

'looking for bunk up YES/NO'

Maybe then i wont get into trouble being a dumb arsed bloke who will talk to anyone.

Tbh it would be nice if people replyed to PM's. Comman courtsy an all that.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2014 19:49  

I struggle with Nods, I don't know if I'm meant to just nod back, message and say Hi, or leave it? I know Nods come from passing bikers, which is also a dying tradition, but can someone explain please? I'm happy of someone nods and then says hi, I have plenty of male friends that are, just friends. I don't try and crack on to 'everyone' lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2014 19:53  

A nod as i see it is just as it would be when your on the bike Pennycoin

Its an acknoledgment and a hi ya comrade kinda thing. If it was any more then im not sure i could keep up with them all!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2014 19:57  

Penny, a nod from a fella is showing interest.
Reply only if you fancy him.
Otherwise, he will take the hint.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2014 19:59  

There you go confusing conflicting information.

Worried now i have had literly loads of male nods.....less worried as i have more female nods.

Pmsl i nod lots and lots of people.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2014 20:09  

Stu, when did you think you were in trouble, i never said that at all. I aint that insecure, trust is very important in a relationship so if you think you aint trusted, well we better move along the bus n get off at the next stop.

As for talking to anyone, i will talk to a letterbox if it flapped at me, as you well know, so it aint an issue.

This thread wasnt about you/me, it was about the fact that profile status' are a pain in the posterior n some folk dont even have the decency to respond to a friendly hello! (Its summat that has happened frequently during my time on BM, not just recently) I mean 30 seconds max to say ... Not interested, or get stuffed, or cant make it, would be nice. But hey perhaps thats just too honest. Lol

Thanks for your input guys n gal. I guess as JP sez we just have to put up with it!

Pennycoin, a nod is a hello, pure n simple, no ulterior motives as far as i am concerned, i dont nod everyone but usually those whose profile interests me, or made me giggle or is someone close to where i live.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/10/2014 20:22  

I thought i was always in trouble.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2014 20:51  

No one PMs me or nods, so I don't have that issue! :-(

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 28/10/2014 21:00  

there ya go TAB dont want ya to feel left out

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/10/2014 21:03  

I generally send a nod if I have a look at someones profile, and I usually look at someones profile if they have a VFR to see if there is a picture. Don't always get one back but sometimes I do.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 28/10/2014 22:32  

Well I get nods, and sometimes a message after.....but I don't always nod back......no real reason why? And yes you're right GBNP, not enough chatting between women in private message, and I'm sure that doesn't make me a lesser of I did chat privately, as they say in Bristol Central lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2014 22:38  

Penny it isn't that I want to have private convo's in particular, my whole point was that I extend the hand of friendship to many people by inviting them along to meets/rideouts and rallies. It appears that a high percentage of females who state on their profile status they are looking for 'friends' are actually looking for 'blokes' as they don't even acknowledge the PM. I'm not saying it makes them any less of a female, just lacking in courtesy and perhaps a little bit of backbone to actually put themselves out there as looking for 'blokes' for want of a better phrase.

I do have a wide circle of people I PM regularly and a very high percentage of em are female, we tend to arrange things betwixt PM and text, every last one of em I consider to be friends of the highest order. It is obviously a different 'type' of friend that my 'friends' were/are looking for

Interesting to hear people's take on the whole scenario. I'm gonna take on board the wise words of JP and live with it, although I am also reconsidering whether to keep inviting peeps along to things I will probably save myself a lot of time if I didn't bother, oh decisions, decisions

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/10/2014 23:09  

Hon, its just like JP said, its just one of those things. I had up until my membership ran out been trying to send a "hi and welcome to BM" email to new members in North West and Wales. About 3% reply hi back, another 1% take it the wrong way, even though my profile clearly states friends and the emails were not, I thought, anything other than friendly. The rest don't bother, which is fine. Out of those I nod to, and for me a nod is purely another way to say hi, there is about a 50% reciprocation. It is what it is. Some people respond, some don't.

I've made some good friends on here and have been lucky to widen my circle of female friends too, which a is fantastic bonus for me.

However, for some it is purely a dating site and for others its a way to find friends and ride outs. Look at this way, at least they are putting friends instead of "Tell you Later"

Human nature is what it is.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 29/10/2014 07:22  

Also you have to think that they are the ones losing out.

The friends I have made on here have come through for me much more than some of my other friends.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 29/10/2014 09:31  

i agree with gbnp ive had same thing pm,d women in my area inviting them for a ride out,meet for cuppa and a chat etc etc only to be completely ignored.maybe im intimidating cos ive been riding for so many years or cos im covered in tattoos i dont know but to me just plain rude !!!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 29/10/2014 10:47  

Does 'looking for friends' mean anything other than . I'm not looking for a partner.

It certainly does not mean 'pm me' and if I don't reply . Start a thread and slag me off.

A none reply means 'not interested'.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 29/10/2014 17:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email