MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Roadside Recovery

Roadside Recovery - Forums [Biker Match] Roadside Recovery - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Roadside Recovery

Hi folks, grateful for any input on good UK bike roadside recovery companies. I'm with Britannia Rescue for the car but they don't do bikes. Would give me reassurance when venturing further afield to know I'd got access to roadside repair or, failing that, transportation back home should the need arise. Thanks Fi :-)

Update Reply
Saltaire @ 06/10/2014 21:21  

I'm with the RAC. The one policey covers me in what ever im in up to 3.5 ton van. So it dosnt matter if i am in my van, on my bike or in someone elses car i get the full entitlment.

Been with them now for nearly 15 years and there the only recovery company not to let me down or leave me at the side of the road waiting for the next relay truck. Unlike the AA who hapily leave you on the side of the road.

The RAC also give bikers priority as they class us as vunrable road users. So far the longest they have ever taken to get to me is about 40 mins. Its normaly with in 20 at night or i im on the motorway.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2014 23:42  

Been with AA RAC and Greenflag at different times but ended up with the RAC for the last 18years as the cover and service is by far the best. As Stuie says it doesnt matter if you are driving or being driven its the preson that is covered and not the vehicle.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2014 13:05  

Thanks Guys - that's really helpful. Will check out a quote with them. Car cover runs out in February but may be worth the cost of dual running until then. Fi :-)

Update Reply
Saltaire @ 07/10/2014 22:16  

P.S. @ convert - you're from my neck of the woods - grew up in Cleveleys - I so miss living 'up north' boo boo, sob, sob

Update Reply
Saltaire @ 07/10/2014 22:20  

RAC I have it through my additions bank account with Barclays. They even fitted a clutch cable for me in the middle of nowhere in Yorkshire

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 19/10/2014 12:26  

Another for the RAC here
Had a few "recoveries" seem to turn up faster than they predict which is nice.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2014 05:39  

Yea been caught out by there extra quick arrival before. They pitch up whilst i was blagging the use of a locals toilet. Expecting them to arrive in an hour and not 15 mins!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2014 13:20  

But did they bring Birthday cake for 66 ?

Update Reply
JP @ 20/10/2014 18:02  

No they didn't, I am still waiting for it and my birthday is very quickly running out.

Update Reply
Double six @ 20/10/2014 18:05  

Ahem....I did have cake here earlier 66

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2014 20:23  

Mmm, @D6 ... Very sorry ive just polished off my Red Velvet cake ... **hangs head in shame** although it was VERY tasty!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/10/2014 21:36  

RAC for me too

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 20/10/2014 22:11  

Bloody heck linz thats half a cake gone!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2014 22:14  

I shared it with Rosie, HONEST, she really liked it. Nearly asuch as me....

Anyway i still have a poorly back **oh woe is me!** lol

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/10/2014 22:32  

RAC used here too.
Really good service, and whenever I receive my renewal, if I've not used the service that past year, I phone them up, talk nicely to them, and get a further reduction.

Poorly back!!!!...stop changing the subject!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2014 22:34  

lol RAC comes free with my insurance :)

Update Reply
lunty74 @ 23/10/2014 13:16  

Keep an eye on rac renewal prices. I found they slowly crept up and up. Went with green flag this year coz they were half the price. When they creep up i will go back to rac.
Have yet to hear a good word about the AA and bikes though.

Update Reply
xj @ 24/10/2014 09:44  

Well i am hopeing the AA have improved, i have been left high and dry by them a few times. Worse is leaving me at a service station to fend for my self in the middle of the night in the middle of he winter becuase they sent out a small van and not a tyre specilist. never again.

RAC prices drop if you dont use them and rise again if you do. Get 5 free call outs a year. If you use those the fee goes up. Can combat that by offering to pay for another years premium early. Much much cheeper than calling out a private recovery which could wind up cost three or four hundred pounds.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2014 13:16  

I have free aa cover with my bank account. Last time I used it was for a bike problem. They was there quickly and solved the issue without fuss.
The time before that i told the operator that i'd need recovering (sprocket nut came off), and they sent a van with a folding trailer onboard. Excellent service I thought, but that was a few years ago mind

Update Reply
SPESH @ 25/10/2014 10:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email