MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Pushing hard on your pegs or not on corners?

Pushing hard on your pegs or not on corners?  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Pushing hard on your pegs or not on corners?  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Pushing hard on your pegs or not on corners?

I'll take that as a compliment, and you could have pushed it harder if you wanted to. I have been over a tonne as pillon, and yes I know you had your accident x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2014 20:06  

TBH every one countersteers there just not conscious there doing it. Its the only way you can get the gyroscopic forces the wheels generate to move about there axis allowing you to change direction.

As Slowgoose says gentle pressure on the inside bar make it change direction. you will be surprised just how quickly you can throw it about by doing just this. Pressure on the pegs can take it to the next level when coming out of the corner. Best used in conjunction with the use of extra throttle exiting the corner.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2014 21:27  

See Val, a sensible answer again from Stuie.

Thank you Stuie........I won't know how I use to ride until I get back on a road bike again, the scooter didn't like me pushing it on it's small tyres lol

I'm sure it'll all come back to me, it's all sounding very familiar.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2014 22:24  

Steady on there, Pennycoin. Perish the thought that I shouldn’t take your topic seriously.

Another factor to bear in mind; I understand that your first motorcycle was a Honda C50. Mine was a Honda C90. Not much difference apart from engine size. So what happened when you got enthusiastic about cornering? If you remember – the bottom of the fairing grounded, did it not?
No amount of cornering technique is going to compensate for a machine that wasn’t designed with dynamic handling in mind. So don't get carried away on your scooter.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2014 19:36  

I know Val, my little frog had me day dreaming and I was getting a little carried away until I realised I shouldn't have been trying to lean over so much! Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2014 23:13  

you'll get there hun , just be carefull , dont want ya hurting yaself , but having said that good for you girl scrape the foot plate ;-)

Update Reply
bikerfzr @ 13/09/2014 07:10  

Well hopefully it won't be too long and I can turn up at a meet on my new(ish) mid range bike,leathers and a big smile :D

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2014 09:26  

now that i cant wait to see :-D

Update Reply
bikerfzr @ 13/09/2014 16:31  

Nope ..... I already have to buy a new set of pegs every winter. ..... I do, however, push on the handlebars rather than pull, it makes a difference

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2014 19:24  

must pay more attention when i am out on Blackbird , know i dont push on pegs hadnt thought about pressure on bars

Update Reply
bikerfzr @ 14/09/2014 08:35  

You'll notice the difference even more on a sports bike, once you get used to pushing on the bars to steer rather than pulling, cornering feels more positive

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2014 08:49  

Update Reply
bikerfzr @ 14/09/2014 21:20  

Tried putting pressure on inside peg on the ride to Barmouth and it didn't seem to have any effect, maybe I'm not doing it right? My SV is quite nimble but I have not set-up the suspension properly yet

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 14/09/2014 22:11  

oh you'll know if ya doing it right as bike'll turn into corner as soon as ya push , personally cant control it well enough

Update Reply
bikerfzr @ 16/09/2014 06:30  

Best advice I can give-
Is always use your WYLIWYG-
and have good tires at the right pressure.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 19/09/2014 20:02  

I'm getting (sniff sniff).....

pebbles in the rain lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 19/09/2014 20:31  

It's all about gyroscopic precession.
Which will of course leave you all none the wiser as to how a bike steers but it does sound good.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/09/2014 08:27  

well I tried it at the weekend ........I pushed on the pegs and the washing fell off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Update Reply
stutts @ 24/09/2014 19:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email