MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Victim Support Charity Ride Out?

Victim Support Charity Ride Out? - Forums [Biker Match] Victim Support Charity Ride Out? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Victim Support Charity Ride Out?

Hi Guys,<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /--><o:p></o:p> I work for Victim Support in Greater Manchester.<o:p></o:p> Victim Support is a National Charity with Local Branches throughout the Country. We have a dedicated team of trained Volunteer Case Worker’s who support victims & witnesses of crime.<o:p></o:p> We have a fundraising target this year of £20,000 to support victims of Domestic Abuse within Greater Manchester & have been working hard to reach our target. With quiz nights, a music night & cake sales etc… <o:p></o:p> I thought it would be great if I could perhaps organise a charity “ride out” with each biker & pillion passenger making a donation to take part. I was thinking maybe £5-£10 each.<o:p></o:p> I was thinking that the ride could start & end at Rivington Barn, a popular Bikers meet in Horwich. Not sure about a route in between though? Maybe you guys could help me with that part?<o:p></o:p> Just throwing it out as an idea at the moment. Would anybody be interested in taking part?<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2014 13:41  

please change the colour of the type its very hard to read, yes sounds like a nice idea I myself had a support worker for a while when I was held at knife point by family members and robbed of everything so I know just how important the case workers can be to a victim. I myself would probably not be able to attend the ride out but would be more than happy to donate if you have any way of me doing that hunny .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2014 13:55  

Font Changed as requested!!!

Following post is from gargoyleprotected as above.............

Hi Guys,
I work for Victim Support in Greater Manchester.
Victim Support is a National Charity with Local Branches throughout the Country. We have a dedicated team of trained Volunteer Case Worker’s who support victims & witnesses of crime.
We have a fundraising target this year of £20,000 to support victims of Domestic Abuse within Greater Manchester & have been working hard to reach our target. With quiz nights, a music night & cake sales etc…
I thought it would be great if I could perhaps organise a charity “ride out” with each biker & pillion passenger making a donation to take part. I was thinking maybe £5-£10 each.
I was thinking that the ride could start & end at Rivington Barn, a popular Bikers meet in Horwich. Not sure about a route in between though? Maybe you guys could help me with that part?
Just throwing it out as an idea at the moment. Would anybody be interested in taking part?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2014 15:54  

Thx dixijive. When I get something sorted I'll let you know how to donate. X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2014 16:44  

Thanks for that purpleBetty. I have no idea why the font went like that. I'm Just an amateur... lol. X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2014 16:45  

original font colour sorted.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 05/08/2014 16:59  

hello amatuer sounds like a plan to me depending on details and rallies an such i am quite local if there was something i could do i will pm me . Skint.

Update Reply
skint eestwood @ 06/08/2014 17:06  

Thanks guys. Just throwing it out there to see if I'm likely to get enough interest. Before I start to plan anything.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2014 19:38  

Where would you start from and go to?

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 07/08/2014 09:01  

Was thinking of starting & ending at Rivington barn in Horwich. Not sure about the route inbetween yet. X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2014 19:20  

Right guys. So I've provisionally come up with an idea for the route. I was thinking... start at Rivington Barn, Horwich & ride upto Devils Bridge, Kirby Lonsdale & ride back which I think would be a total of about 120 miles. What do you think? Is that ok or too far? Provisional date is also Sunday 21st September.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2014 10:12  

think that sounds real good to me although id need to get to rivington barn first so be longer for me but am willing and happy to travel if im free on that date

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2014 13:50  

Nice one. :-)
I've submitted an event request now to make it official. Just waiting for approval from BM. X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2014 20:17  

well done hunny and keep us posted x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/08/2014 09:36  

It's on the events page & official now guys. I hope we can get a fair few participants. Should be a good day. ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2014 22:27  

Hun, best way of getting people to see this now date sorted and on events page is to open a thread on the events n ride out thread and then keep bumping it up to keep people seeing it

Best putting date in title to

Hope that helps

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 12/08/2014 22:31  

Thanks rowanblossom. I've done that now. Hopefully I'll get some interest.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2014 12:28  

good luck with it all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2014 12:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email