MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I Need To Move

I Need To Move - Forums [Biker Match] I Need To Move - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I Need To Move

I need to move . There are not enough bikers down in the foot. That would be the South West . Im never going to meet any BMers, this will not do. Come December im moving,...... somewhere. And where are all the night owls . ??????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 02:53  

we are all oop north lass i moved up to north yorkshire over a year ago and i love it.we have loads of biker cafes etc.am 20 mls from scarborough and whitby both of which have biker cafes.and not far from manor cafe and we got squires massive biker place.and its gods own country centre of the universe

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 24/07/2014 05:49  

Im sorry to say this, a job, a longterm partner, a lifestyle choice, a personal goal yes but i dont think 'there are not enough bikers down in the foot' is the right reason to want to relocate.

There are bikers out there, you just have to go find em. Unfortunately the wont all come to you.

Perhaps you are looking in the wrong place for em?

Try looking for biker friendly venues, pubs, cafes or meeting points in a 10 - 15 mile radius of your home, then grab the bull by the horns n go, take a friend with you, hang out for a couple of hours or an evening you may well find a whole new circle of mates.

I know you have difficulties getting about but i am sure with a little help n a little bit of effort you will be surprised how many bikers there are out there.

I took the liberty if searching BM profiles within a 10 - 20 mile radius of TA7, aged between 37 - 60 and i think there was 15 pages. I know some of those wont be active members but there will be others who are. Have you tried contacting em by PM to see if they know of any meets, rideouts, rallies etc? Perhaps you could try to organise something or your own in the area?
You maybe pleasantly surprised by the response.

I am sorry if my comments cause you any distress but take it from me if i had sat back n done nothing about meeting peeps after my ex left last year i would have been a very, very lonely individual as only one friend stuck by me the rest disappeared when the going got tough! I now have a great bunch of peeps around me that are mates, confidantes, counsellors and support who i know will be around cos they already got me through a year of hell. I hope each and everyone of em knows that i will be there for em too.

Life is out there you just gotta get onboard and see what happens.

Relocating isnt always the right choice especially if you are moving only because of a lack of bikers in your area.

As for night owls, this time last year there were quite a few, i was one if em, but i think in the main those people have gained employment and or have moved on in their lives. Im sure there will be an influx of owls in the coming weeks, the weather is fab, many will be out n about during the evening and come home, eat, do their chores and crash out. Once the weather changes you will see a difference.

Good luck with your search for 'bikers down in the foot'.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/07/2014 09:56  

just to echo the 'Counsellor's' remarks xx linz

turn up to events if you can or even organize or suggest one. Get a few chats on here going or exchange a few PM's works wonders.

I knew no-one except Heidi when I was introduced to this, now I have a fair amount of people that I know, some I get on with OK, others I probably have nowt in common at all. But that's how life is.

Or move to the midlands. we have electric and running water now you know..

is that any help ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/07/2014 11:44  

How about setting up a meet and greet night/Sunday afternoon at a local pub (with good parking). Post it on here on the events page and put it on the events thread too.
Its a good way to make contact with the "locals". If you need give me a holler.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 24/07/2014 13:16  

Or just do what you want and come up North ! at the end of the day Teri !, the decision is your and your alone to make !!..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2014 14:23  

I didnt say it wasnt her decision!

Some people move around alot for a lot of reasons some good, some bad. You takes your pick n makes your choice.

I know the reasons i would move for n a lack of bikers in my locality would not be one of them.

What i also pointed out was that if she doesnt make the effort to find em in her locality then she will never really know if there is a lack or not!

As for moving around alot you seem to be the expert Andy so we will leave it up to you to give the advice shall we?

All i will say is @silvermist, consider your options very, very carefully before jumping into a relocation, especially if its to somewhere that you think you will have friends. Make sure they truly have your best interests at heart and they aint gonna leave you high n dry at the drop of a hat.

Nuff sed.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/07/2014 15:16  

well said gbnp always make sure your doing the right thing.this is from someone who has moved around a hell of a lot for work reasons among others and its not always the right idea

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 27/07/2014 15:58  

It depends what bikers you are looking for down here in the south.I am 68,so who is going to look for a biker that age? Does that age mean I,m ruled out of just becoming a friend or Mate? I may not be looking for a relationship,But if people just take the time to look at profiles instead of judging people on their age.they might just meet up with someone who is a friend they can trust. And who cares (within reason) how far they travel to meet up with someone who might become a good friend. Not all of us older guys are looking for a nurse in our old age.If I get to that stage I will book myself in a home for old BM riders.

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 27/07/2014 16:18  

Sorry about this I'm like columbo I keep coming back.

Thank,s to this thread I have had a chance to make a point on this age subject.And don't anybody retort back that it doesn't make a difference. It does. What would most women below the age of 60, think when getting a message from me. It's happened.

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 27/07/2014 16:43  

Nice retort GBNP, uneducated as usual but your entitled to your opinion. All im saying is people have a reason to want to move and sometimes a move is enforced, again it's a personal choice what aperson does or the reasons they want to do something. We are all adults who have life experience's and can draw on them when required.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2014 18:25  

A lot of adhoc meets are arranged in the chatroom... that's how I met the first load of people... and also attending gatherings from the events page. I knew no one when I first started out, now I have loads of friends and mates to go for ride outs and made some close friends too. You only get out what you put in... good luck... I am in the south...., moved from the north lol... if that helps...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 27/07/2014 19:12  

Hey Lynn Does that mean you don't mind getting a PM from an old bloke looking for a nurse? :)

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 27/07/2014 23:42  

Sm, make your decision after very serious consideration. Dont be swayed or led by what another member tells you, wether openly or surreptitiously via pm.It may be as a result of your recent health issues that you haven't had opportunity to fully explore you local area for bikers to meet up with.
Yorkshire is a beautiful county, but so is Taunton. I dont know what your family circumstances are down there but is it worth moving so far up north on the strength of it has a more active bm membership onsite.
Wait until you have your trike and had a chance to try to meet bikers in your area before making the move anywhere.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2014 17:31  

Sorry whatsisname.... Iam a biker, not a nurse lol

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 28/07/2014 17:50  

Lynn your not a biker your a girl lol
That may hurt at some point

Update Reply
JP @ 28/07/2014 18:58  

Still living on the edge then JP!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2014 19:02  

JP.... no might about it... that will hurt pmsl

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 28/07/2014 19:02  

Thank you all for your comments. I had not expected such a response. I certainly didnt want disagreements about it. And im sorry I caused any. As for my moving, I havent decided what im doing yet. I took gbnp's advice and asked people in my area about meets etc, I had a mixed response on that one, one chap even replied " sorry I couldnt kiss a smoker" , didnt recall asking for a date. Most offered Langport and WSM. Unfortunately they are a lil far out for me, but hopefully ill have my own wheels soon. Once I start meeting people in my area im sure ill have a change of heart. Im having my 50th party in August im sure ill meet some of you lovely people there . Teri x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2014 19:27  

Teri, You certainly didn't cause any disagreements. I was just making a point on something that affected me (and guys/Ladies of my advancing age.) If someone, especially, as open in their profile as I am (yes, I know most probably are) Sends a Light hearted innocuous msg to someone, why they can't just send a flippant light hearted reply back, I don't know. Well! I do know it's an age related thing.

But when I see some guys who are 28 - 30 years younger than me, Well!---- I won't say what I think!

When I said about traveling to meet up with someone who might become a friend, I actually meant that the distance "within reason" wouldn't make any difference to "Me" Personally, as my Bike is a Mile Muncher, not that "you" should do the traveling. Anyway the Gentleman should always go to the Lady.

Isn't that right JP ?

Many happy returns on your Birthday.

Don

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 28/07/2014 20:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email