MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Yet more scammers

Yet more scammers - Forums [Biker Match] Yet more scammers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Yet more scammers

Not too sure why this site gets targeted so many times but i woke to find a message from a newbie by the name of rossweeks5 - 2 minutes later after searching Google images which is so easy to do shows that the scammer is using pics of Jill Stevens who was Miss Utah 2007?

This has happened a few times shame really as I kinda liked the look of Jill

Update Reply
freewheeler1973 @ 28/06/2014 07:37  

I got a message from her too, thanks for the info.

Update Reply
crazzybrother @ 28/06/2014 08:12  

no worries buddy, I just don't understand what they try to achieve by setting up fake profiles asking you to email them? No doubt money is going to be the end game but I hope that the majority of people are wise enough to know that its bullshit, if it looks to good to be true.....

Update Reply
freewheeler1973 @ 28/06/2014 09:24  

I got the same message, deleted it straight away.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 28/06/2014 11:04  

Didn't BJ ask (quite recently) for anyone who receive one of these scam type PMs to contact her or one of the other mods, so that the scammer profile can be deleted straight away?
Otherwise they're able to carry on contacting members!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2014 11:23  

not too sure if she did or not as I rarely use the forums

Update Reply
freewheeler1973 @ 28/06/2014 12:08  

As a matter of course, any suspect messages should be reported to the moderators to be dealt with accordingly, for the protection of yourself and others that use the site.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2014 12:34  

ooops hand smacking time I feel

Update Reply
freewheeler1973 @ 28/06/2014 12:41  

I received 2 PMs of this nature in the last 3 weeks. I attempted to block the first but the message said that I was blocked from replying and nothing was featured on my list of blocked users. I reported it using the Contact Us pro forma and it was deleted over 24 hours later. I didn't bother trying to block the second but reported it similarly and it was deleted nearly 3 days later. in neither case was my report acknowledged although I don't know whether they are supposed to be. Is this normal/correct or should it have been reported differently and wouldn't at least an automated acknowledgement to a complaint have been helpful?

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 28/06/2014 19:02  

The moderators are unpaid volunteers and do site related work in their own time. If they had to reply to all reports of suspicious pm's they would have no home life. When your reported pm's are removed and the profiles responsible have been deleted, surely that is acknowledgement enough.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2014 19:15  

Cat apologies if your reports were not acknowledged. We do seem to be inundated with scammers at the momet not sure why, so i would urge anybody who receives such messages to report them straight away. I for one do try to log in each and every day through out the day but the last couple of weeks what with havning to revise for exams and struggling with a bad back i havent been on site as much. I do try to acknowledge all reports but sometimes we may have more than a dozen folks report the same profile, so occassionally i miss folks out. We are grateful for all reports of dodgy profiles or posts, so please do keep them coming :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/06/2014 09:49  

Not fair, i must be too ugly or sumfink......pretty ladies never try to scam me. 8-(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2014 10:13  

@stuie. I can try to help set you up if you wish ...

See pm with my advertising strategy ((winks)-

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 30/06/2014 10:38  

@ doublesix I do appreciate that Mods are volunteers but I did suggest an AUTOMATED acknowledgement that the query is being dealt with. Surely this could be undertaken by one click if the appropriate software is in place. I would like to delete the message ASAP but after I know it is being addressed. There is no other way to find out whether action is being taken if I delete their messages since their profiles are stated as non-existent or disabled before they have been deleted by BM.

@ Brummie Jackie Thank you for taking my concerns on board. As I said in my post, I was a bit put out by trying to block the sender and finding that not only did this not appear on my list of blocked people but it stated that I was blocked from replying to them by PM. Is there something that I should be doing besides clicking 'block user'?

In the meantime I will continue to report any scam PMs that I receive.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 30/06/2014 12:28  

I fail to see where the problem lies. I f I get a suspect pm, I report it and then forget it, if it is indeed a scammer, the moderators will deal with it accordingly.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2014 12:55  

Cat if the scammer has already been removed from BM then you will get a message saying that the user is blocked or no longer there, hope that makes sense. I am not an IT geek so have no clue with regard to automated systems.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/06/2014 15:15  

I like scammers ,,,,,only messages I get

Update Reply
stutts @ 01/07/2014 18:29  

Rossweeks messaged me and reported it as suspicious the following day or two, cant remember, but she gave me her Skype acccount, i had a look on there and it was the same photo lol, no webcam haha, she claimed to be a Medic in the US army in Afghan !!!!

Update Reply
Dnepr rider @ 03/07/2014 15:47  

As Stutts said only messages we get lol .

Update Reply
colin675 @ 04/07/2014 08:47  

I got two of them spammers, and blocked both in the last two days.

The first was a really good looking woman who wanted a perfect man and she offered nearly all the qualities of a perfect woman, But hey! Came to my senses when she didn't say anything about washing and cleaning my bike, Servicing it, Fuelling it, taxing, insuring or doing my ironing. Now there's a scam....

Second one today was advertising belt buckles, WTF would I need a belt buckle for. My petrol tank on my bike holds my belly in the right place, and I like the downdraught on my bum. That block buttons coming in useful.

Thanks got it off my chest now retiring as they put the jacket back on in five minutes

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2014 16:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email