MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Tenuous connections to someone famous

Tenuous connections to someone famous (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Tenuous connections to someone famous (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Tenuous connections to someone famous

Firstly Princess Anne, came to school to open it, she was lovely. Then Dad worked for years at Bath and west show ground on a stand, so we'd stay the whole week there, this meant we met whoever was hired on his stand like Geoff Capes, Barbra Windsor, also was friends with Harvey Smith, I remember standing in the beer tent with him and my dad drinking! Dad also wrestled and was friends with David green cross code man...giant haystacks. And that tramp who use to change his head??? He always holidayed at Rangeworthy court hotel and sit there watching the kids from the village use the outside pool. Noel Edmunds at deal or no deal twice,
he fancies himself a bit. I'm sure when I come off here I'll remember more......but none fazed me. Oh Wayne Hussey from the mission, known him since being small....see told you they just keep popping in there.....but the most famous one of them all, my Dad.....known in his youth as "flyboy Den" lol hearing some great stories from my mums cousins! Would love to have been able to sit and chat and have him tell me the stories from his side, sadly not to be x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2014 15:55  

I've met Colin Bell, Kevin Keegan, Martin Johnson, Lawrence d'Lallio, Neil Back, David Essex, and the Queen.

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 17/08/2014 21:05  

I,ve met Bon Scott, that's showing my age, Lemmy and Judas Priest and my daughter had her picture taken with Princess Diana

Update Reply
beezerbird @ 18/08/2014 16:29  

hey gbnp biff byford is a very good friend of mine i might just give you his phone number so you can tell him off and his hair is still as long and still as blonde as it was 30 years ago, ive met a hell of a lot of famous people while working in the music industry and have some lovely photos as memories but my favorites are alice cooper (too many times to count) bryan adams ( also too many times to count) clive Jackson dr and the medics ( gigged him at squires around 10 years ago and remained good friends ever since) and tommy lee my all time hero and an amazing drummer, like i said way too many to mention but got loads of nice things from nice people in the music world and millions of wonderful memories ( please don't judge me for this i have always worked in the music industry it was just my job and i loved it ) still do a bit from time to time and keep in touch with many of them i was lucky to meet and work with

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2014 17:21  

Dixi 'I salute you' ....what a wonderful life you've led!!!!!! :D
Yes I'm Green eyed, just wish I'd met all these people on my list when I was a little older, oh Shirley Bassey! And the fat one Large was there without little, he came to the burger van I was helping on with his wife, he got a couple of hot drinks and then asked for a stirrer? So I looked at him and said....well there you are......the whole crowd laughed including his wife, he just stood there and stared an evil stare at me.......guess I was quicker than him that day! Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2014 19:11  

lol penny well sharp x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2014 23:34  

Once met Brian Labone wearing a bright red shirt - me, not him - and he looked me up and down and said I should come and meet a couple of his friends. Turned out to be Bill Shankly and Tom Finney.
I've shared ciggies with Paul McCartney in his dressing room just before curtain up, and had a cup of tea with Pete Townshend. Played darts with the Poet Laureate and pool with Harold Wilson.
I can say hand on heart that all the Beatles were friends of friends, but in Liverpool that's fairly common!
And a special one for the ex-military folk on BM. Heard the story of Britain's only VC and Bar, Noel Chavasse, from his batman who saw at first hand the action in the First World War where Chavasse won his second VC - posthumously, alas.
(Chavasse was a medic who went out under fire to tend to the wounded and dying. Sixty or more years later, his batman only ever referred to him as 'the doctor' - which made me think that any moment he'd arrive in the Tardis!)

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/08/2014 23:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email