MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Scottish A9 Speed Camera's

Scottish A9 Speed Camera's - Forums [Biker Match] Scottish A9 Speed Camera's - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Scottish A9 Speed Camera's

The Fun Police are at it again according to this from the RAC

Speed cameras are to be installed on the A9 in Scotland in a bid to improve safety on one of the country's most dangerous roads.An average speed monitoring system will be set up to reduce "unacceptable" levels of speeding on the single carriageway between Perth and Inverness.The A9 is one of Scotland's most notorious accident blackspots, with a high number of fatal crashes every year. A £3 billion scheme has been launched by the Scottish Government to turn 80 miles of the route into a dual carriageway by 2025.Construction work is now under way to install the new cameras at 27 sites along the road, with the system due to go live in October.A9 Safety Group chairman Stewart Leggett welcomed the announcement and said speed cameras would help to improve driver behaviour.Mr Leggett added: "Average speed cameras have proven effective in reducing casualties where they have been deployed and they are a key part of the wider plan to improve the safety of everyone using the A9, both in advance of, and during the dualling of this vital route."

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 28/05/2014 22:25  

I was hospitalised on this stretch of road several years ago, by an idiot woman who was too impatient to wait for a safe overtaking opportunity. I probably count as one of the KSI statistics used to justify this decision. Which will of course lead to an INCREASE in such accidents, as more frustrated drivers take similar chances......

Update Reply
manhill @ 06/08/2014 12:03  

too many don't take enough care on roads I was in crewe with a loonatic on a zzr 1400 me im no scaredy cat but being pillion on back of him doing 160mph every where and undertaking then overtaking in unsafe places was nerve racking to say the least , its harder for an ex rider to be pillion I guess but hey that was just mental stuff and crazy shit

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/08/2014 15:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email