MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Attracting younger people to biking

Attracting younger people to biking - Forums [Biker Match] Attracting younger people to biking - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Attracting younger people to biking

Just looking at latest Ride mag....Honda's bike for younger people is the NM4 Vultus.

Looks very space age to me although I wouldn't mind a go to be honest.

Anyone fancy that ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 17/05/2014 22:50  

I take it you dont mean the model @AJ?!

It looks awful, my daughter would be mortified if she was given THAT to ride! I think she would rather use a bus, if that was her only choice of motorsickle, lol!

Shes 19yo n has been riding for 3yrs.. definitely a biker, wont even entertain learning to drive!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/05/2014 23:11  

you can keep the bike; but I'd have a go with the chick

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2014 08:39  

All the young'uns round here just put a loud exhaust on the 125's and ride like complete dork's, so if this is what we want introduce to the biking community "GOD HELP US"..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2014 09:39  

No change there then.... but we were on RD/GT250s

Update Reply
Julestools @ 18/05/2014 21:14  

Now that's one fugly scooter

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 19/05/2014 00:01  

PMSL @Exup, thanks for posting what i thought, so succinctly!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/05/2014 06:39  

Need to change the designers meds I think, some judge dread wannabee geek

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 19/05/2014 06:50  

If you want to attract younger people to biking give them lots of money. Just been looking at insurance for Vampy (21 yr old female) £420 tpft for a 20 year old CG125, FFS.
Then there's cost of CBT, DAS, part 1, part 2 or whatever the fuck you have to do these days and add in the cost of riding gear= no young blood.
We are a dying breed my friends !!!!

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 19/05/2014 22:19  

And that scooter thing is an abomination.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 19/05/2014 22:22  

£420, Where did you put you parked it at night, on the streets of toxteth , sure these thieving companies make it up as they go along

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 19/05/2014 22:53  

BL1 is not the best postcode but did a comparison to insure her on my Toyota Corolla (worth about £500) and it came back at £2500 then did one for a Lambo (valued at £100000) and it was £9500. So for a shit car its 500% of its value and for a nice one its 10%!!! Work that one out peeps.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 19/05/2014 23:16  

The good old days 1978 past test £7:50 Insurance £82 for 250cc up to 750cc wage £130 age 19 and petrol was 73p gallon beer 33p a pint god I'm getting old

Update Reply
BigRay @ 19/05/2014 23:36  

thats just the most ugly thing ive ever seen but then i hate scooters as im a biker not a mod lol and i wouldnt be seen dead on anything like that and russ,s son would probably stab his own eyes out before he rode that!!.thing is its not just the bikes that should attract them its the life that goes with it.theyre making it harder and harder for people to pass the test and then making it extortionate to insure.we older peeps are the lucky ones my ins is only £125 per year fully comp with breakdown,helmet,leather cover etc but then a mate of mine who was only 26 couldnt get insurance for less than £600 it was cheaper for me to insure it and have her as a named rider for the first year which is pants

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 20/05/2014 05:55  

Everyone has to start somewhere and choose what they ride and if its a scooter so be it
As many people just want a mode of transport not a change of lifestyle

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 20/05/2014 07:21  

Deb if I were you I would be checking the small print in you ins at that price you may find it full.of get out of paying clauses

Update Reply
JP @ 20/05/2014 07:22  

Oh and why's that ?? Maybe its cos I'm older never had an accident or claim and I live in a fairly safe area!!!! I'm not with Joe bloggers ins I'm with a good reputable company.non of them are perfect but I am a very good safe rider with over 20yrs of biking with no claims or accidents !!!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 20/05/2014 10:13  

I never said you weren't I never said jo blogges insurance there is a reason most insurance is cheap it's in the small print but obviously you have a perfect record so you will be fine

Update Reply
JP @ 20/05/2014 10:48  

That machine is not for me. But we have to realise that the design of bikes evolve as time marches on. When you compare what was considered a super bike in the 60's to today's machines, they are worlds apart, in terms of appearance and performance. To get to today's designs, there had to be concept machines produced to test the market for response, of which many never saw the light of day after their preview. I wonder what bikes will look like in 30 years from now.

There will be a certain contingent of the biker world who will like such a bike but the average biker I think not.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 20/05/2014 11:43  

Just in case anyone has forgot A Motorbike has two wheels and an engine it does not matter about the shape of it or the size of it and as David sed what will bike l??k like in 30 years

Update Reply
BigRay @ 20/05/2014 12:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email