MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

ZZR 1100 Front Brakes

ZZR 1100 Front Brakes - Forums [Biker Match] ZZR 1100 Front Brakes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

ZZR 1100 Front Brakes

I have recently aquired a really nice Kwak ZZR 1100,the front brakes are cack,its got new braided lines,new front discs and the pads are OK. I have seen that a good upgrade are GSXR calipers,but there must be an improvement to be had on the existing set up,they could not have been this way from new and mine has only 14k miles on it ? Many thanks Rich:

Update Reply
quintonrich @ 04/05/2014 06:33  

ive had four zzr1100,s and with mine i stripped them down cleaned the calipers and put in all new seals,pads etc.then completly refilled and bled whole system this worked a treat but on one i replaced the discs as although they seemed ok there was some ridges on them and they then worked great

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 04/05/2014 18:24  

Agree with ZZRbabe - Most likely seized pistons.

Are yours the 6-pot Tokiko calipers? I had a set of those on my last bike - Triumph Trophy - they worked great.

Update Reply
Richard T @ 06/05/2014 13:36  

Stupid question but you did clean the discs before fitting

Update Reply
JP @ 07/05/2014 09:59  

strip the brakes - chances are the pistons are stuck - a seals kit isn't too expensive - I did have the GSXR calipers on my ZZR1100, but a mate had the standard ZZR calipers on his, and once they were sorted (full strip and new seals) there really wasn't much difference between his brakes and mine.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2014 22:02  

As stated above- strip and clean, replace seals and you will be good to go.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 07/06/2014 23:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email