MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

why no meets or rides over the east side

why no meets or rides over the east side  - Forums [Biker Match] why no meets or rides over the east side  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

why no meets or rides over the east side

why is it nobody ever wants to go on rides out over the east side of the country ie yorkshire north and south etc?? we have some of the most amazing roads to ride in the country and we have some of the best seasides for chips and icecream!! i have tried to get rides up and gatherings but yet everyone wants to go over to wales or down to matlock or up to the lakes !! last time i organised a ride out up to manor cafe etc there was about 8 of us a right poor turn out !! come on peeps we need more rides to different places so it gives more people a chance to go out we dont all or cant all make a round trip of about 300 mls or more

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 01/05/2014 21:37  

8 is a good start Deb, from little acorns mighty oaks do grow, and all that. word of mouth might just get it going big time.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/05/2014 22:20  

Think if a run was on a Saturday instead of Sunday , I'd find it easier to attend instead of long haul home on a Sunday eve, also if on a Saturday I'd have the option of a hotel if it was a long ride out but defo plan to travel some new grounds this year

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 01/05/2014 22:42  

Oh good thought that Rich, doing a Sat ride out, b&bing it Sat night and a bimble back Sunday

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 01/05/2014 23:32  

Unfortunately this year i wont be able to commit to any more weekends, due to cash flow. Howver 1 dayers would be ok, i think, will have to check with the chauffeur! Lol.

Maybe word of mouth at up n coming rallies would increase interest?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/05/2014 01:00  

And a few Drinks on Saturday night? , I think it's written down somewhere in rules and regs @RB

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 02/05/2014 02:37  

of course....i could have my usual one pint of cider and get highly giddy.... think there may be rules about me getting giddy!!!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 02/05/2014 07:27  

Sounds like a good idea to me, and there's def rules about having a few drinks on the Sat night, and RB we'll make a rule about you getting giddy if there isn't one already

Update Reply
Cally. @ 02/05/2014 08:51  

8 is a pretty good turnout up here Debz, and while we've not had a lot of rides over last year there's a tendency to go to the same places, so you're not alone in wanting to try pastures new and mix it up a bit.
Seems you have some interest in a Saturday ride - but I know that you also have a lot else on your plate this year! xx
Don't give up, just go your own ride and make then open to others if then can and if they want, sure that some will.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 02/05/2014 21:25  

Most of my day rides are to Yorks or Lincs Coast, anywhere between Whitby and Skegness. Just a case of choosing a meeting point, maybe also a midway RV for those of us already over this side?

Update Reply
Richard T @ 03/05/2014 10:51  

Hiya zzr, I agree with 66 and Izzy . 8 is a magic number.

Not enough to get too strung put on the road but more than enough for a good craic.

A bit of optional camping is useful for peeps traveling to an area. Me for example , I wouldn't ride over to yorkshire to go for a ride around Yorkshire coz I've already had a ride round Cumbria and Yorkshire to get to tne Yorkshire ride out . Lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 03/05/2014 23:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email