MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Back to the Forum from a thread?

Back to the Forum from a thread? - Forums [Biker Match] Back to the Forum from a thread? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Back to the Forum from a thread?

I know Matt is super busy with all the other improvements, so I'll put this out there for attention at some later date.... Since we have forums, why, once we're viewing a thread is there no link to take us back to the forum that thread is in? Should be fairly easy to put in place I hope

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/04/2014 19:59  

open the thread in a new tab/ window? then you can close the new window and be back where you were.

Update Reply
xj @ 02/04/2014 22:58  

I would likee to comment on this but it appeards newbies aren't allowed to make well intentioned and constructive suggestions. :-(

Update Reply
Richard T @ 03/04/2014 07:36  

you on the naughty step richard?

Update Reply
xj @ 03/04/2014 08:00  

why not use what everyone else uses? the return arrow in the top left hand corner of your browser screen.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2014 09:30  

And there is the 'all topics' button aswell....?

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 03/04/2014 15:37  

why fix something which isn't broken? making work just for the sake of it I think.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2014 15:40  

On a long thread with multiple pages the back button isn't a practical option.

I could open in a new window, yes, there are ways around it, but in pretty any forum you go to except this one it's normal to have a link to the forum that the thread you're reading sits in.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2014 18:02  

Unless you go into the middle of a multi page thread, and I assume you would only do that if you are looking for something specifc, then scrolling to the top of the page and selecting general forum topics doesn't seem to be much of a hardship and has been the accepted way of doing things up to now. Of course, not having the benefit of decades of experience of working in the computer world, what would I know?
But that is only my well intentioned opinion.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2014 18:15  

Sniping at each other aint helping! Time to agree to differ and stop bickering ... It aint, funny or clever n its now boring.

A bit of banter that is misunderstood is bad enough to cause problems but out n out sniping is just tedium now.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 04/04/2014 21:24  

I'm not sniping. I have put my thoughts into the arena. I don't know how we lived without such a device until now. Maybe I should keep my nose out of matters that dont concern me, and where the construction of the site is in question, well that is for Matt to decide.
We have managed to navigate around the site quite well up to now, an old adage springs to mind : if it aint broke, don't fix it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/04/2014 21:48  

Sorry to disagree with you GBNP MrMike put the question out there and the other guys were profering their suggestions seemed to me to be a very calm discussion to me and the way I read the text.

As a member of a few forums with differing amounts of sophistication and because I have no idea how they get made I live with each of their little foibles.

I would like buttons for agreeing/disagreeing with some ones comment and now I have them and more on the Ducatiforum.co.uk with their new website.

Rob on Ducatiforum has put masses of smiles in and we now have an agree/disagree, Like/dislike, Funny, Thanks, Useful and a "down vote " button with each persons post.

More ideas for the pot

By the way MrMike I have got in the habit of always opening stuff I want to read in a new tab and with Opera browser you have mouse gestures which can move you about just by holding a mouse button and moving it in a specific direction.

cheers

Andy P.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/04/2014 05:05  

@android, i have PM'd you.,

Suffice to say that i wasnt referring to this thread started by mr mike, i myself would be interested in finding a way around this as it can be a little frustrating.

Anything that helps things work more efficiently is more than welcome and i find some of the suggestions to be quite interesting as i do not use any other forum or site i have nothing to compare.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/04/2014 07:36  

My constructive suggestion: at the top of each page is the title of the thread, in cream coloured text, underlined, but it's not a link. It could be made a link back to the related forum page?
But I've only been here 5 minutes so what do I know?

Update Reply
Richard T @ 05/04/2014 21:51  

As my memory serves, i didnt question your knowledge, its your attitude i took exception to.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/04/2014 22:41  

The button you are looking for is the "ALL TOPICS" button at the top of EVERY single forum page, even threads.

This button will take you back to the list of topics IN THE SAME FORUM (so, if you're in an events topic then this button will take you back to the event forum).

If you want to select a different forum you can press the "All Categories" button of course.

Or, as I do - press the Active Topics forum to look what's active and at the same time filtering out the general chit chat and birthday wishes etc

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/04/2014 23:26  

Thanks Matt

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2014 19:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email