MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BIG CHANGE - Unlimited messages for STANDARD members

BIG CHANGE - Unlimited messages for STANDARD members - Forums [Biker Match] BIG CHANGE - Unlimited messages for STANDARD members - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BIG CHANGE - Unlimited messages for STANDARD members

I just made a big change to the website.... there is now no longer a limit on the amount of replies a standard member can send!

As long as they are talking to a full member then they can reply. The limit used to be 25 messages.

This means that if you have a full membership on BikerMatch, that ANYBODY can reply to you, for as long as you have a full membership.

At the same time I am disabling the nodding system for standard members to prevent abuse of the system.

I will be monitoring this closely to see what effect it has over the next few weeks. I'd also like to hear from full members of the site - what do you think about this?

What hasn't changed - standard members can NOT start new messages and they can also not reply to other standard members.

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/04/2014 15:49  

I've not been here long enough to easily recognise the difference between full and standard members, but so long as some worthwhile differential is maintained I'll be happy? Restricting std. Members from nodding or initiating conversations would seem to fit the bill.

Update Reply
Richard T @ 01/04/2014 17:38  

Hi Well I for one like this :) nothing wores then trying to chat to someone that can not reply :( For me this is most likely the best change to the site since I joined :)

Update Reply
FireStorm-X @ 01/04/2014 18:02  

Good to hear, but it's actually a change BACK to how it used to be before the imposition of the limit that I was strongly against back in Feb 2012!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2014 18:51  

brill ider wway hay x

Update Reply
kaycat @ 01/04/2014 19:27  

yea I think Mark is right. There was a limit imposed to stop people "freeloading" forever and sending strategic "winks" to full members to get out of supporting the site.

A site for 63,000 members and 30 million hits per month requires substantial infrastructure and support to maintain it, as well as a high investment in advertising to bring in constantly more new members (replacing those who leave). It's a shame most people can't understand that and they post their email address, phone number, facebook link etc on their profiles, forum posts, photos etc.

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/04/2014 19:29  

I think it's a great idea, nice one

Update Reply
Cally. @ 01/04/2014 21:16  

it,s worth a try Mat. lets see how it works

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 01/04/2014 23:47  

Always good to change things about to confuse JP if nothing else lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/04/2014 12:37  

haha Jackie, yea for sure!