MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Raising money for Marie Curie Cancer Care

Raising money for Marie Curie Cancer Care - Forums [Biker Match] Raising money for Marie Curie Cancer Care - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Raising money for Marie Curie Cancer Care

Shameless request for donations, sorry! On Sat 26th April I'm undertaking an epic motorbike run, diagonally across Scotland, from John O Groats to the Mull of Galloway, a 455 mile trip. I will be riding with 12 other riders, all IAM members, observers or examiners - so not only do I have to keep myself alive, I need to ride to the high standards they expect! Any level of donation is appreciated. My target is a mere £100, and of course the costs of the trip are entirely mine to cover! Just Giving Many thanks!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/03/2014 20:11  

@MrMike ... shameless request or not, a tenner donated for a good cause

Good luck matey

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 26/03/2014 21:50  

Thank you soooo much

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/03/2014 21:59  

not as much as I would like to give, but as much as I can afford at the mo.

Good luck, enjoy and stay shiny side up in front of the IAM examiners

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 27/03/2014 12:43  

good luck:-)

Update Reply
madame jane @ 27/03/2014 18:23  

Thank you all - I'm nearing my revised target of £250 - chosen as my employer will match all donations up to a max of £250, so if I can hit my target I'll be able to extract the max from them and Marie Curie Cancer Care will get £500 (+ Gift Aid) total

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2014 19:53  

Are you able to take money thats not given through just giving ?

Update Reply
fudet @ 01/04/2014 00:47  

I am, yes I’m delighted to say that I’ve been absolutely blown away with people’s amazing generosity! Thanks to everyone in the biking community, snowboarders, homebrewers and work colleagues the donations have now exceeded the target, and so I will now get the full additional £250 from my employer under their donation matching scheme The ride is only 3 weeks away now and any reservations I had about it have been blown away by everyone’s generosity – I can’t say thank you enough!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/04/2014 19:32  

Good Luck with this one @MrMike great to see you have passed your target with style. Fingers crossed that more donations will wing their way into the pot in the next couple of weeks.

Im sure you will enjoy yourself immensely and not only will the achievement be a personal one, you will have helped to raise much needed funds for a worthwhile cause. ((Thumbs up))

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/04/2014 07:54  

ive added i bit more to the pot sorry its not more but ive a wedding to pay for lol good luck mate xx

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 05/04/2014 09:01  

Many thanks zzrbabe Any amount is greatly appreciated

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/04/2014 13:25  

Not long now @MrMike ... Good luck and remember to ENJOY the ride too!

I will be thinking about you next Saturday. Best wishes, hope the weather holds or is at the very least kind to you.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 21/04/2014 19:07  

many thanks GBNP

It all starts this Friday morning - we meet in South Queensferry then start the ride up to Thurso.

Saturday morning we're up early to ride the 20 miles or so to John O Groats, grab some photos, then we start the ride all the way to the Mull of Galloway

We're staying down there the Saturday night, then ride home on Sunday - no doubt knackered and saddle sore!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2014 19:49  

Good luck, that's quite a ride!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2014 20:58  

Thanks Rob, certainly is! Hopefully fun though.... - and thanks for the very generous donation

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2014 22:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email