MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Rttw 2014

Rttw 2014 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Rttw 2014 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Rttw 2014

Say hello if you're starting from Telford Services. There will be only one blue Suzuki Cavalcade on this ride in. If there's another I'll buy the rider lunch, lol. Ride Safe, suzukiant, Ant.

P.S. Bring your waterproofs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2014 18:51  

06:30 - up.......excited.....ready to go. Ideally need to go back to bed for a while. I still get a boyish excitement for things, even at 200 years old

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 04/10/2014 06:28  

Aj are you going to Bassetts Pole first if so what time please :-)

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 04/10/2014 07:25  

And for those travelling to this its RAINING at the moment here

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 04/10/2014 07:42  

10:15 ish
hopefully the weather will pick up a bit

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 04/10/2014 09:04  

Ok i hope to go there first bloody chucking it down this side of brum :-(

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 04/10/2014 09:08  

I did it, and although the weather was bloody awful it didn't defeat me! Yippee! But didn't see anyone from BM??

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 04/10/2014 18:56  

I was at the front of the woodall ride and at the back of the drayton manor ride

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 04/10/2014 22:53  

Did the Telford ride with my BM pilly lady. Met two BMers at The NMA. Most enjoyable despite the rain.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2014 23:22  

yea was nice to mett ya bth ant :-)

Update Reply
bikerfzr @ 05/10/2014 00:00  

I came in from Bassetts with another BM................ did see about another 4 I think it was but so many people there , like needle in a haystack thing. Main thing is you turned up to show your support and honour the fallen.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 05/10/2014 11:03  

Yeah good to meet you Mick and Patty. Hope to have a longer chat and a beer with you at Hallowistmas

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2014 18:38  

As an ex soldier I think it's my duty to pay my respects, not just for me but my dad too.

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 06/10/2014 19:34  

Well I'm glad to say I braved it and went.
I had a lift off Maverick and he took good care of me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2014 20:02  

From RTTW website
RTTW 2014 - Thank You

I would like to say a massive thank you to all those that attended Ride to the Wall 2014. Your contributions and attendance in remembering the names on the walls of the Armed Forces Memorial once again made the day an extremely emotionally one, not only for me, but I'm sure for many hundred, if not thousands more. The day not only remembers our heroes,but also raises much needed funds for the upkeep of the National Memorial Arboretum, as well as raising public awareness of the Arboretum, and also hilighting the charitable work that the motorcycling and scootering community undertake. Ride to the Wall is not only a national pilgrimage for the biking community but is also become an event that the general public are attending in greater numbers year on year and I thank each and every one of you for your ongoing support.

Until Ride to the Wall 2015 thank you and I'll see you there on 3rd October 2015.

Martin Dickinson,
Founder, RTTW

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 06/10/2014 21:52  

Thoroughly enjoyed it once again but was disapointed we didn't get the drop of poppy petals... Mad Bish was on form with his jokes again and did bump into some old comrades which was nice... Got absolutely soaked at the start but after that what a fab day! Big thank you to whoever you are that put a Poppy Puck on my side stand... so many bikes sinking and some kind soul decided to save mine :-) It's little things like that, that make me so proud to say I am a biker... Oh and the septic tanks stinking next to the Masonic garden did make me chuckle...

Update Reply
phasmatis @ 08/10/2014 01:06  

Well yet another amazing and emotional day. My day started with my bike club all coming to mine for a cooked breakfast, the grill soon lost it use as a toaster and became a glove warmer/drier. I felt proud leading about 12 bikes from my house and into Drayton Manor. I haven't been able to ride my bike since the last RTTW but was determined to do this as it means so much to me, thankfully my daughter is one of the lucky ones that came home safely after representing her county and is now in her 22yr in the forces.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 08/10/2014 19:22  

Yes...one guy on the wall was my Dad's best mate in Palestine and my eldest is serving abroad just now also...

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 08/10/2014 19:33  

I wish I had known you were going CG as would have been great to meet up :-) should have took your 'Tin Tent' as I would have provided comfort from the rain :-)

What is your daughter doing after 22 years? continuence?

Take care & ride proud...

Update Reply
phasmatis @ 09/10/2014 18:19  

missed it this year due to illness DAM!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2014 14:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email