MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Funny or otherwise stories from when you were a learner

Funny or otherwise stories from when you were a learner - Forums [Biker Match] Funny or otherwise stories from when you were a learner - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Funny or otherwise stories from when you were a learner

Not many new threads so i thought of this one. I have a claim to fame in that one of the learners on my course was the bloke from Dalziel and Pascoe. The little one, is that pascoe ? I know he passed his test, wonder if he carried on biking. Also me and the instructor got approached by two young lads who asked if they could siphon off some petrol from the bikes for their little motorized scooter. I believe the instructors second word was 'off' Well there's a start.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 17/02/2014 18:31  

I suppose I was still technically a learner at the time. Put it this way, I still had L-plates.
It was the day of the two-part test in about 1980, and I was doing the second part, the road test probably unchanged from the 1950s or before where you rode round and round and at one point the examiner would jump out and wave an arm for an emergency stop.
No, I didn't run the examiner over - I know what you're thinking! But while I was on the downwind leg of the circuit, away from the examiner, the bloody MZ died on me. 100 per cent.
Sh*t!! Divine inspiration came to me, though, and I quickly unscrewed the side panel and reconnected the battery lead. Phew! But the side panel didn't want to go back on, and time was running out.
So I stuffed it in a litter bin, and rode on. The examiner didn't seem too put out I was a minute late, and he didn't spot that part of the bike was missing.
A few Highway Code questions from a flip booklet and I'd passed. Off came the L-plates, and I was able to retrace my steps and recover the rest of the bike from the bin.
It would never have happened in the 21st century

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/02/2014 20:04  

oooh funny stories mmm well when i took my test all those many years ago lol while out the examiner told me to go right at the roundabout but didnt say which exit so i continued to go round in a circle till he calle over the intercom that he had lost me and to park up while he came back!! at this point i thought i had blown it.anyway finally got back to the yard and after two questions was told congrats you passed.in total shock i said what about when i lost you ??? and his reply was "it doesnt really matter as when your going somewhere you will know where your going!!" pmsl he obviously didnt know me very well

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 19/02/2014 05:50  

Only you Deb Only you

Update Reply
Emzed @ 19/02/2014 10:58  

in my past life I was a motorcycle instructor,about 10 years ago I had a 2 times world motorcycle road race champion asked me could I put him through the motorcycle test,i said ok I wasn't to sure how to tackle this, so we were out around the test route in his van so far so good and then I asked could he do an emergency stop I think he said 3 words the 2nd and 3rd were off gordy he passed his test ,

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 20/02/2014 17:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email