MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Central Scotland : Sat 4th Jan 2014

Central Scotland : Sat 4th Jan 2014 - Forums [Biker Match] Central Scotland : Sat 4th Jan 2014 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Central Scotland : Sat 4th Jan 2014

Folks, izzy and I have hatched a plan for an impromptu ride out on Sat 4th January - weather permitting!

Provisional plans at the moment are to meet at the McDonalds by J6 of the M9, by Grangemouth at 10am on Sat 4th January, then head up by Dollar, Glendevon, Crieff, Loch Awe, Crianlarich and on to the Green Welly at Tyndrum.

Lunch there, and then head back, possibly by Loch Lomond?

Final details to be confirmed - I'm flexible with any and all details, except the day! Weather locally and on our route will obviously be a major factor ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/01/2014 01:33  

Good one Mike,

I plotted the route (sorta) on a route planner and it comes in at about 150 miles but sadly didn't make it easy to judge times at specific points.

If you could give an idea of pit-stop times (arrive/move off again) at St Fillans and the Green Welly then maybe people from further afield could decide on meeting us and riding as much of the route as they want to?

Weather looking not too bad (this being Scotland an' all!) so still on as a LMR for me and there shouldn't be much tourist traffic about so, come on peeps - wrap up warm and click your visor down.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 01/01/2014 17:10  

Hi Guys, I would be intrested in this, but have an appointment at 0930 Sat morning, could meet up with you if I know rough times for places. St Fillans probably best lol. Wrecker or even Dollar, or Crieff.

Update Reply
Wrecker @ 02/01/2014 13:43  

I'll work out some times and get them up asap :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2014 21:12  

Here are some approximate timings based on best guess and google maps

Crieff - 11am
St Fillans - 11:15am
Crianlarich - 11:45am
Green Welly, Tyndrum 11:50am

If you want to meet in Crieff there's two places I could suggest :
1. The Esso petrol station on the High Street, roughly opposite the Tower Hotel
2. Strathearn Tyres on Burrell Street.

We can hang at the Green Welly for folks to join us if need be

We will be passing Strathearn Tyres, and could easily take a wee detour to the Esso station

At St Fillans I like to stop at the layby just outside the town, where the public toilets are - great views, and of course the chance for a wee comfort break!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2014 22:31  

I was up that way this afternoon and your gonna need thermals

Update Reply
madscots @ 03/01/2014 00:29  

you available for a re-run tomorrow madscots?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 03/01/2014 09:17  

Cool will try to be at strathearn tyres for 11ish. Means I will have to play on the way woohoo. Might get a chance to say hi to jim.
See yah tomorrow

Update Reply
Wrecker @ 03/01/2014 19:33  

Great

I think I'll be leading the way, on a silver Varadero, and barring disasters I'll have a pillion

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/01/2014 19:37  

Cool well im on a blue triumph tiger, so bar anything falling off see you tomorrow. Izzy's got my mob number if any problems

Update Reply
Wrecker @ 03/01/2014 19:39  

I might head up for this if up early enough

Update Reply
madscots @ 04/01/2014 00:14  

Hope you guys have fun!

Update Reply
Kymjojo @ 04/01/2014 12:09  

twas a very good day

Good to meet some new faces and thanks for the run

Update Reply
madscots @ 04/01/2014 16:54  

Hi Guys thanks for a Braw day out. The wee shower just stopped us overheating. Im home safe. Hope all of you are too

Update Reply
Wrecker @ 04/01/2014 17:14  

Thank you all for a great day

It was great to meet you all - I apologise in advance if I forget your real name next time we meet - I'm just SO bad at remembering names!!

Short run home for me from where we split up, raced some souped up BMW up the hill to my village and left him for dust

Multiple jobs to do on my return home which made me just want to leap on the bike again!!!!

Delighted to say you're all a mad and funny bunch

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2014 17:25  

I only took a few pics, when we stopped at St Fillans by Loch Earn - I've uploaded them to a new album in my profile - is there any way of then attaching or posting them in the thread?? Can't see one....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2014 18:18  

Had a great day out thanks everyone,looking forward to that curry night lol (a hot one)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/01/2014 08:59  

Don't think they can be Mike but you could ask for the ride to be added as an event retrospectively - then we can all upload and view photos there?

Good to see you check-in safe Bob.
Is there any other kind of curry worth having?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 05/01/2014 09:39  

I posted trip idea for April guys you wanting to come ?

Update Reply
madscots @ 05/01/2014 18:13  

Deffo - but will have to check calendar, might already be booked up.

Keep it for new thread, let you know on there.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 05/01/2014 19:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email