MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

besr biker cafes

besr biker cafes - Forums [Biker Match] besr biker cafes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

besr biker cafes

Having been asked where the good biker cafes are in Manchester and, sadly not having a clue other than Rivi Barn, I thought it would be a good idea to see if we can set up a thread detailing cafes/meet ups around the main towns. Hoping this will benefit both old hands and the likes of me who are fairly new or new/returning to biking.....get the community spirit up and running for 2014.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 26/12/2013 14:45  

Hi Jo, yep we have loads of great cafes around manchester all easy to find Popular truck stop at Lymm is a favorite meeting place for rides out to wales(its part of Lymm services) can be got to by M6, M56 and A50. Further afield (but in that direction) is the Lets Eat Cafe A49 near Northwich (use to be little chef) keep going in that direction theres the Station cafe at Delamere forest, just of the B5152 (nice cakes!) again a bit further down the road is the cafe "Legends" at the J&S store on the A556 at Oakmere always plenty going on there! carry on along the A49 eventually you get to the Lock Gates cafe at Tiverton, on the left just before the railway bridge. good value breakfasts and loads of home made cakes! from the centre of Manchester this is less than 40 miles lots of diferent ways to get there and makes a good run in the winter when to cold to go to far. if you carry on along the A49 to Whitchurch eventually you come Prees Heath at the roundabout where the A41 and A49 seperate is the Midway truckstop very popular with bikers (theres also another cafe next door!) if your really greedy try the Desperate Dan breakfast it comes served on what you can only describe as a dustbin lid your at the gateway to many great rides here and this list can go on for ever! Wales and Shropshire and much more I'll do some more heading the other way in another post!

Update Reply
cyclemania @ 26/12/2013 16:36  

Tissington in Peak District, lovely cafe there, you sit on the grass outside opposite the church on the hill, next to your bike. Well I do. There are chairs and tables too. Anytime anyone fancies that... let me know. Then onward to Matlock................... ice creams etc

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/12/2013 21:43  

Chippie at Bourton on the Water is my other favourite, sit outside and watch the world go by. Cuppa at Moreton in the Marsh on the way. Beautiful on a nice day, some days is a market worth a look round too.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/12/2013 21:47  

Rutland Water - Used to have a nice cafe that did a legendary all day breakfast. maybe someone can confirm that one ? I havent been there in a while.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/12/2013 21:54  

Here's a few more cafe's from the Manchester area! heading in a Derbyshire direction this time is the Glossop cafeteria(next door to the Last Orders inn) just off the A57 on Victoria st, a very popular stop for bikers! lots of great rides around here, Snake Pass being one of many a bit further out is a place called Nether Padley on the B6521 the cafe there is Grindleford station cafe, very popular with walkers cyclist an of course us! lots of ways to get to and from here as well Back towards Buxton on the A623 is another very popular cafe at Wardlow mires, its now Called the Yonderman but is often just refered to as the Mires cafe. great food realistic prices often a good first stop before heading further into Derbyshire and even more great cafes

Update Reply
cyclemania @ 27/12/2013 13:28  

You'll find a few more here http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=1973 Well done Cyclemania A very detailed & comprehensive list Keep up the good work

Update Reply
Emzed @ 27/12/2013 13:35  

Not sure if this could help.....

www.thebikerguide.co.uk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/12/2013 16:32  

This is great, thanks to everyone.....although Cyclemania I have a sneeky suspicion you are going to be encouraged to help me set up some rides this coming year lol.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 27/12/2013 19:31  

seaways at fridaythorpe and whistlestop at whitby

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 29/12/2013 21:07  

hartside café is a gudun up nr alston then ride back down the b6277 there are so many fantastic roads to ride back on

Update Reply
the vtwin twin @ 30/12/2013 09:22  

The 'other cafe' Cyclemania refers to at Prees Heath is the Raven. Whether you prefer the Raven or the Midway is up to you - it's just the habit you get into. Each one keep the other on its toes, and they're both biker-friendly. The Raven hosts bike nights on Thursdays from about April to September - on a sunny summer evening it can be heaving!
Fifty-odd miles down the A49 is Dom's Bike Stop at Leominster, decked out like a Mediterranean beach bar.

Update Reply
Wills @ 30/12/2013 10:07  

The Manor Café, Bellerby, nr Leyburn, N Yorks.
Purpose built for bikers, sharing a courtyard with a repair shop and brewery!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2013 14:36  

The Ponderosa by Llangollen has got to be near the top of the list for biker friendly cafes. Anyone who has not visited is missing a brilliant meeting place,awesome roads, scenery and a friendly welcome by all. Put it on your to-do list folks :-)

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 11/03/2014 01:03  

Does anyone have any little gems for up here near fife apart from bikers cove in S Queensferry(it's only 10 miles away)?

Update Reply
teenybash @ 13/03/2014 07:42  

The Hungry Highlander 14 Invercauld Rd, Braemar, Ballater, Aberdeenshire AB35 5YP ? 01339 741556 ()? great meeting place on a sunday for bikers, its a must do in the summer. can also stop at ski lifts on way lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/03/2014 19:16  

Glen loin House Camp Site,
Arrochar, Argyll G83 7AJ 01301 702239
great wee cafe at petrol station, good meet up point. easy to find.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/03/2014 19:59  

For me its got to be owls nest, Llandovery, good car park, gd food ,and the cakes mmmmm, and always a welcome smile off Ian.

Update Reply
bikerchef1981 @ 12/04/2014 16:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email