MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

put my mobile in washing machine

put my mobile in washing machine - Forums [Biker Match] put my mobile in washing machine - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

put my mobile in washing machine

Ok, ok, I know how stupid it is, but have just realised my mobile was in myjacket pocket when I shoved it in the washing machine. It was on fast rinse when I realised..... (lots of swearing). I am hoping I havent lost all the numbers, and phone currently in a bag of rice. Anyone texting me.....sorry

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/12/2013 17:11  

If you have you numbers on the sim you will be ok if not think you lost them now

Update Reply
JP @ 15/12/2013 17:23  

Hi JP, got most on it but hadnt saved all of em over...., nor had I downloaded my photos. Sim's ok though.

Not the end of world just irritated at myself.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/12/2013 17:27  

oh dear get the hair dryer on it hun hope its ok.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/12/2013 18:21  

Oh no RB.. I'd be gutted too I once dropped mine in a sink of water.. I took it all apart, got hair dryer on it, left it on a radiator over night, but it didn't work again

I've heard since, that the rice is supposed to work well.. as long as it's not egg friend rice!

Have you got an online account for your phone? You may be able to find your numbers there, if not like jp says, you've probably lost them all.

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/12/2013 18:43  

I've heard of so many people recently dropped phones down the pan or otherwise got them wet that I think I really must now synchronise mine to a computer and start regularly backing things up.

Sorry you had to have it happen to remind me.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 15/12/2013 19:46  

Karey, where do you get your Chinese take away from? Egg friend rice???? I wouldn't eat there again if I were you! Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/12/2013 19:47  

Hahaha Kev... well spotted .. and here's me thinking my canabalistic tendencies were going unnoticed

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/12/2013 20:18  

Could've been worse Kaz It might have been Egg Fiend rice Sorry RB My commiserations for your sad loss

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/12/2013 20:24  

Ahhhhh Emz... that's the dessert

Soz RB don't mean to hijack your thread... hope you get it sorted

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/12/2013 20:28  

@RB, oh matey...not the way forward.. soggy phones are not good, although its slightly better than my line manager who managed to drop her phone down the toilet...

She dried it out on radiator it took days but miraculously.. it came back to life ...although this was in the days of the Nokia half house bricks!!

((Hugs coming your way))

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/12/2013 20:34  

Its buried in a bag of rice (neither friend no fiend lmao) next to radiator. Here' hoping......been told that someone who knows wot they are doing (obviosly not me) can get info off the memory, so once dry, will ask my 9 year old nephew

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/12/2013 20:57  

My daughter had dropped her Iphone into a puddle couple of weeks ago, put it in rice for a minimum of 3 days in a sealed container but it wouldn't charge. Took it to the shop and luckily it was just the charging unit that was broke. I have heard that instead of rice those sachets you find in new shoes or packaging to keep items dry work better than rice, have not tried it though

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 15/12/2013 21:04  

Manically tittering!!!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/12/2013 21:05  

It's called "silica gel"* Lynn and it's specifically placed within packaging to absorb any moisture that may arise due to condensation Stuff that is shipped by airfrieght is often subjected to "sub-zero" temperatures, which WILL give rise to condensation as they come back to local ambient conditions I always save them and have a nice stash now for "emergencies" I keep a few in my toolbox too * I'm sure it's available from good hardware stockists, maybe even out there on tinterweb

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/12/2013 21:31  

Or, just an excuse to buy new shoes ???

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 15/12/2013 21:50  

phone dropped off a shelf into a tub of baked beans once, not as bad s fishing out a toilet I suspect

Update Reply
teenybash @ 15/12/2013 23:43  

table salt is very good for soaking up the damp......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2013 01:47  

oooh I'm with Izzy....new shoes...maybe even a new handbag....mmmmm

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 16/12/2013 09:06  

Well the combination of rice and radiator worked. And everything is still there WOOP WOOP.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 16/12/2013 09:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email