MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

where has the biker community gone

where has the biker community gone  - Forums [Biker Match] where has the biker community gone  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

where has the biker community gone

out for a ride yesterday with my other half , lovely day lots of bikers, he's nodding away and not one nodded back , i can remember not so many years ago the fellow biker would nod back , pull up if he thought you had trouble with the bike . talk to all and sundry at bike meets , ride outs or just chat shit about bikes in a car park . where has all that gone

Update Reply
ray01 @ 11/11/2013 10:25  

It is all still there ray01. I find there are days where riders don't seem to nod, but on the whole they do. I have never been short of anyone to talk to at biker stops. Maybe you experienced an off day

Update Reply
davidneale @ 11/11/2013 11:26  

I nod whilst out n about as pilly n on average 90% acknowledge.

Also plenty of help is given /offered in this area if breakdowns occur, it is very rare that i have seen any bikers stranded. I have even been known in the past to stop whilst driving my car n ask if help was required, and if so gone n picked someone up (complete with toolbox) who i knew could resolve the issue.

I think the chat thing has waned a little but if you instigate a convo by just saying hi or nice day/bike peeps usually respond favourably n on some occasions friendships made. Then again some peeps on here say i would talk to a letterbox if it flaps at me!

Perhaps it is a locality problem? Or just a bad day out?!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/11/2013 11:34  

100% nod for me matey........... and I stop if I see someone looks to be in trouble, and I have been thanked for doing so. Need to get yerself around the Midlands a bit more

but yeah I get what your saying...some seem to totally ignore you, but not that many.....in my opinion of course.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 11/11/2013 13:58  

i'll put it down to a off day lol

Update Reply
ray01 @ 11/11/2013 23:26  

I have had the same as you ray01, but I usually find a good response to a nod, the one's who don't nod are too engrossed in their own self world to worry about..I nod as and when I can and if it's not returned so be it!! but will continue to nod as then I'm not ignorant and never will be..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2013 04:56  

Most riders nod/wave back down this end.....I even wave to scooter riders and the plod

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2013 09:34  

On my lickle 125 I generally get one or two that maybe think I am not 'BIG' enough and dont nod ....but on the whole I find bikers are really sociable !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2013 13:15  

Think Android right...most two wheel enthusiasts do acknowledge another biker, and yes I don't mind saying "Hi" to a scooter rider as well, after all they are on two wheels as well...the days of Mods and Rocker barnies are well in the past...lol

Was out today for first ride on my new L2, and was surprised at how many other bikes were at my local Raven Cafe pitstop..many of them new faces....Was great to see, especially as weather has been atrocious this past week up my way, and trying out a new machine when roads were covered in diesel and muck from tractors was an eye-opener to say the least. At the Raven there were at least 30 to 40 plus bikes, many carrying pillions too, I have to say that almost without exception all said hello. Passed quite a few riders on route and all nodded... so the age of biker chivelry is still going strong...long may it continue

Update Reply
Rider10 @ 17/11/2013 20:15  

Seems ok this neck of the woods then again wer a happy bunch this way

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/12/2013 19:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email