MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Bonneville reliability.

Bonneville reliability. - Forums [Biker Match] Bonneville reliability. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Bonneville reliability.

I,m thinking about buying a new bike next year. My Kawasaki Versys has done 50,000 miles in the last four years, and I want a change. I,d like a Bonnie but haven't met anyone whose got one whose covered that sort of mileage and can tell me how the bikes put up with it.

Update Reply
rick d @ 14/09/2013 21:51  

I bought a new Bonny last year, and I love it... unfortunately I haven't done that many miles on it... only 2.500 miles in the last 10 months, so cant really comment on the amount of miles youre thinking off....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 14/09/2013 22:08  

What model is your Bonnie Lynn? I haven't found anyone who has one and does big mileage on it. I spoke to a guy in Melford who has a ten year old Speedmaster and had only just over 7000 miles on the clock.

Update Reply
rick d @ 14/09/2013 22:59  

I strongly suggest you to have a look at Scrambler instead of Bonnie. I haven't got one but I know so many people love it and make such a big mileage.

Update Reply
crato @ 02/10/2013 09:13  

I have only done 2500 miles in the last 10 months... it has around 9K on the clock now. I have the Bonny 865 on a 59 plate

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 02/10/2013 09:50  

Bought my 2009 Bonnie at the end of July with only 4500 miles on the clock, since then I've added another 2500! Too early to comment on long term reliability but they have a reputation for being pretty bulletproof. If you do get one budget for improving the suspension though, the standard shocks are crap!

Update Reply
centurion @ 08/10/2013 16:30  

I have an Tiger Explorer & have done 8k on it since March & it has been spot on, from what I hear reliabilty is good rite across the range

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 09/10/2013 09:27  

I had an 06 Scrambler, I had a few issues with it, brake disk warped (turned out to be the carrier) engine casings rotted ( I believe that has been improved ) loved it, but couldn't handle all the cleaning ( loads of chrome ) wheels will rot if not attended to ( spoked ones that is ).
The engine was a peach, changed the filter, pipes and jets for a bit more go and noise.
Covered 20K and a trip or two around Caldwell never let me down nor disgraced itself.
Interestingly I replaced it with a Versus, personally I prefer the Versys.

Update Reply
thehairyone @ 09/10/2013 11:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email