MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Either you have one or you don't

Either you have one or you don't - Forums [Biker Match] Either you have one or you don't - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Either you have one or you don't

A bike that is What's with this "Tell you later" nonsense ??
If you need to keep personal stuff secret fair enough but this is a bike site isn't it or did I miss something ?

grumpy twin

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 10/09/2013 17:17  

i think you are absolutely rite with this one to be onist y tell ya later it not hard do u own a bike ? yes it a .......or pilly or sold it or looking for new one or dont want a another or never had one so yes i agree with ya big twin

Update Reply
kaycat @ 10/09/2013 17:56  

Do I own a bike? Yes, kaycat is sitting on it lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2013 18:35  

I've never understood all those "tell you later" comments either, always figured it was just people half filling in their profiles on a first visit and planning on coming back to complete it later though sometimes this never seems to happen

Update Reply
centurion @ 10/09/2013 18:35  

Funny thing double six but in photos like that my eyes never seem to focus on any bike that might be present

Update Reply
centurion @ 10/09/2013 18:39  

Lmao @ centurian, funny you should say that, quite a few of my mates have said virtually the same thing.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2013 20:43  

snigger

Update Reply
kaycat @ 10/09/2013 22:15  

. . same with the 'Relationship' status . . . makes me think

'Uh Oh' . . there's someone playin' away .. ..

Cynical Old Bat

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2013 12:44  

surely you good folk, would not suggest that there may be some on here who are less than totally honest?
no .....

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 11/09/2013 18:42  

Well I was not suggesting any duplicity However lets say one does not do pillion passengers for instance then there would be no point in directing some poster to come along to a meeting for instance
Pedantic me no way

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 11/09/2013 21:43  

there are a lot of members on here who hide a lot of things.i put this self same post last year about this tell you later rubbish
1.what bike-tell you later = i dont have one
2.rlationship status-tell you later= im married/attached and fancy a bit on the side
thats what it means to me anyway.no photo means theyre either too lazy or dont want people who know them to know theyre on here and so cant grass em to their partners.maybe im a bit cynical but if your being honest and nowt to hide why not tell the truth???? !!!!!!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 12/09/2013 05:51  

In some cases personal data is left out for very good reasons trying to hide from a bad past relationship for instance but as you say some are just a joke. As a member of the events team I send welcome messages to new members in the midlands giving an open invitation to all events with upcoming event details included if I just see tell you later from top to bottom of there profile I don't bother as I see my time will be wasted

Update Reply
JP @ 12/09/2013 06:44  

Well give it a bit of time, it is a knack setting up a profile. However the important bits should be filled in.

I say this, 'cos I remembered that there are some 'TYL's ' on my profile . . . . however, I think most of you have the measure . . .!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2013 12:03  

here here

Update Reply
kaycat @ 14/09/2013 22:28  

I'll tell you what I think about this later....

;P

Update Reply
MjN @ 15/09/2013 07:53  

Has far as my knowledge go,s if you have one your a male and if you don,t your a female ,have I got the gist of conversation. Oh yes I,ve got one or two or maybe more I forget.

Update Reply
bobp @ 16/09/2013 17:49  

I really do think some of you are reading more into this than is really there. so what if someone doesn't want to tell what bike they ride, I have seen a few posts where someone has slagged off a style of bike. so I can understand why someone would feel reluctant to say what they ride. Or what their marital status is. if you find someone interesting then you should find out by asking not demanding they tell all. some peoples live are very complicated and may not be easy to put into a few words. also why should someone have to say what they do for a living or if they own there own house, really what has that got to do with anyone. as for this bull about, if they put that it must mean this, that's just fuzzy logic. some people join BM and don't know what to put on there status its as simple as that. so they will add info as they go along and as they feel more comfortable. If I feel I want to tell anyone on here some thing I will decide what and when not some bizzy body with a closed mind that goes shouting all over the forums. so how about putting the pitch forks away and giving people a chance. or you will end up with a closed clicky group.

Update Reply
myotherworld @ 30/09/2013 17:50  

m,o,w. ''Judge not . Lest ye be judged.'' is a nice idea , but we all do it . You your self have suggested reasons for omissions on profiles. And , the type of person who would have such a profile. The painfully shy or the terminally damaged.
For myself , I've dated bikers and non bikers. My ex was a non biker ; not ideal. Prefer a biker with or without a bike :ex biker , ex pilly.

I would suggest that people fill in their profile to advertise to , and attract the attention of similar people.
''Reap what you sew''. That's another good one .
People will be judged on their profile for the simple reason THAT'S WHAT YOUR PROFILE IS FOR.
D x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 30/09/2013 19:10  

i agree dustin especially on the relationship status as if your single you are single if your not your not!!! simples

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 30/09/2013 19:14  

ZZR , d' ya think you'll remember to update your 'relationship status' on your big day . It ain't official if it ain't BM confirmed lol xx
congratulations to you both
Dusty

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 30/09/2013 20:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email