MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Bike to Bike comms

Bike to Bike comms - Forums [Biker Match] Bike to Bike comms - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Bike to Bike comms

Please forgive me if this topic has already been touched on before - I wanted to get some voice activated radios and headsets for tours. I think Bluetooth seem the best (if price is anything to go by - also I think I would rather refrain from taking my hand off the bars for PTT) but without meaning to sound too OTT, I think the transmitters that you have to have on the outside of the helmet look so bulky and out of place. Am I being too vain? Should I just man up a little?? And also does anyone have any experience with VOX adapters and how easy they are to install? Websites aren't being very helpful :( Thank you

Update Reply
MissyREP @ 03/09/2013 07:46  

I prefer to use hand signals myself (point to tank for gas, shaking cup motion for coffee break, rub helmet for attractive member of opposite sex etc)
And how do you shut out someones singing and cries of "oh god, we're all going to die..."?
Noooo avoid them like the plague

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 03/09/2013 08:40  

The singing and cries of death are the best part!! Especially if the GoPro picks them up too!!

Update Reply
MissyREP @ 03/09/2013 08:51  

I hope you get this answered I am interested too

Update Reply
bic chick @ 03/09/2013 18:39  

Most Bluetooth sets were very expensive- I found a set yesterday on eBay called BT Interphone Bluetooth - it was £63 for two sets. The Bluetooth unit fits on the outside of the helmet and you have two thin speakers and a mic inside. The unit can hook up to GPS, Bluetooth enabled phones (iPhone etc) and can link up to three other riders.
I saw a video on YouTube and the reviews are great.

It has a power button which is always on for up to 7 hours charge life where you can speak via intercom- I much preferred this to the sets that have a Push To Talk button on the bars.

I will put a review up if you like when I've tried them out?

Update Reply
MissyREP @ 04/09/2013 06:05  

Well be it upon your own head. Don't come crying to us when all you can hear is out of tune singing, whimpering and occasionally bursts of "ferret fondler's weekly" pirate radio....

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 04/09/2013 07:45  

OMG , riding down the road with ten thousand voices in my head . Have I forgotten my meds!!!
Lol
you'll find lots of used ones on Ebay. Including 2@£150 that belonged to my mate and his wife .
Nuff said.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 04/09/2013 09:04  

are they divorced now too dusty? lol gawd i wouldnt inflict my on bike chunnering on anyone! i think the head shaking and furious handsignals upset most people enough lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 04/09/2013 14:18  

Part of riding a bike for me is the solitude, it's my space, my time and i love it. Maybe thats why i ride on my own so much but when all the kids lived at home there was eight of us altogether, so peace and quiet became like the holy grail. Intercoms? Others intruding on my enjoyment, not on my bike.

Update Reply
xj @ 04/09/2013 15:43  

Ah yes, as Dusty pointed out, it's "The Voices".
"Go'wan, go'wan, go'wan" they cry, "Faster, faster, faster".
Yes, we've all been there....
Unfortunately this will not stand up in court as mitigating circumstances.... even if you have the headset to prove it.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 04/09/2013 21:05  

If circumstances force a mind numbing motorway ride .
I do like a bit of MP3 with earbuds . I tried helmet speakers but at Mway speeds required excessive volume. X

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 05/09/2013 19:32  

I have "a few" sets of ear plugs/in ear monitors by "ultimate ear"
basically injection moulded medical silicon plugs which fit perfectly to your ears (impressions are taken, from which they are made)
they give excellent quality sound, at all speeds (at least any speeds I`ve ever managed with the help of my ducati)
with almost instant return to "normal" after you remove them, and
basically anything you can use with a 3.5mm jack plug, then you can use with them, with NO external noise in either the high or low range,
but clarity in the voice range,
bit pricy though, but then so is hearing!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 14/09/2013 19:56  

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/s...ic_id=2113 http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...c_id=11263

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/09/2013 08:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email