MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

camping

camping - Forums [Biker Match] camping - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

camping

So your out n about looking for a place to pitch the wigwam for the night/few nights how much are you prepared to pay? one person one tent one bike for example. i was in dorset near wareham last night and it varied from £15 (doing me a favour) in Wool (yes i kid you not there is a place called wool) down to a tenner a couple mile up the road and £14 in between yep i'm a cheapskate when it is a blatant rip off i mean for gawds sake £15 for a patch of grass for a night? for one???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2013 00:44  

i think charging more than £5 for camping is extortionate unless you gey other facilities like showers etc then might pay up to a tenner.otherwise would find a bit of grass at side of road and stick tent up there lol

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 30/08/2013 07:06  

Over the years i have found that price depends on the 'random' factor :) The one that annoys me is price per tent then supplement per person !!!! Why would anybody erect a tent for nobody to stay in ? If you know were you are heading then do a wee bit of research as to whats available, if your winging it and your on a bike, price always seems higher. We have had problems in the past trying to find sites that allow bikers. Me personally think £5 per night per person is reasonable

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/08/2013 09:44  

I've just paid £52 for two nights at an excellent site just outside Keswick...it included me,the car,three kids and two tents...showers and cooking facilities were free..Castlerigg Hall if anyone's interested..

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 30/08/2013 10:31  

been out n about fair bit this last month or so, including scotland,north wales, south wales and dorset and the norm seemed to be £10/12 for one with showers and toilets. and that is plenty i'd say a fiver certainly more realistic but £15??? takin the wee wee me thinks,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2013 16:15  

went to henlys farm towyn last weekend . me, my bike and a 2 man tent £28 for one night. got me a room in rhyl in the end for £30.

Update Reply
sladey @ 30/08/2013 17:38  

£28 a night??????????????? jesus, i got B & B in Barmouth £25 for a night 3 weeks ago

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2013 17:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email