MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What made you smile today?

What made you smile today? - Forums [Biker Match] What made you smile today? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What made you smile today?

Just thought this would be a nice thread to have, I started it on another forum and its gone on now for over a year, it's nice to hear/read about people being happy and smiling it's what lifes all about. Well suppose I should start then. Walking up to yet another lovely day, lying there and realising how lucky I am to have the life I have, lovely family and lovely people in my life. Realising that money is not a real wealth, my life is rich with a wealth no money could ever buy, a whole wealth of lovely people.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 07/09/2007 08:48  

What made me smile today? Not just a smile but a laugh, was a text message from a friend with a nutty sense of humour

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/09/2007 09:00  

I've had a few of them today too Raised a fair few smiles they have too Waking up & remembering I got the kids this weekend made me smile.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 07/09/2007 09:56  

waking up with the woman i love .......that made me smile! Mr Shaggy

Update Reply
Mr Shaggy @ 07/09/2007 10:07  

I'm usually all smiles on a Friday, however the crafty burgers at work are making me work tomorrow, so smiles are definitely off today!! Some might say there's more to life than work.... too right, it's called the weekend.. lol!

Oh well, I'll be all smiles tomorrow evening when my mate and his wife from the Lakes turn up at mine and we go out for a few beers all ready for a hard days biking on Sunday. Magic!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2007 10:08  

Simply discovering that I don't have to buy a new washing machine after all. After 17 years the trusty Hotpoint went bang, or phut, this morning tripping the circuit breakers. Engineer called round in half an hour, changed the motor brushes and bob's yer uncle. Smiles of relief... Smiles too at teenage son insisting he can do everything in his (temporary) wheelchair unaided - and a few winces as he takes yet another lump out of the woodwork! If, heaven forbid, he needed it permanently I'd have to have major work done on the house, but as it is, hopefully only another week or so. More smiles then, I trust.

Update Reply
Wills @ 07/09/2007 10:44  

smiley sam trying to bite a chunk out of his great grannys walking stick whilst she was using it to walk with!! oooops!

Update Reply
witchiest @ 07/09/2007 16:58  

my lazy neighbour walking out of her flat this morning and stepping in the shit her dog left there last night.....i really roared when i realised she had flip-flops on....YES!!!! LMFAO

Update Reply
actionman @ 07/09/2007 17:18  

Waking up and realising it was Friday.......Yeay!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 07/09/2007 17:29  

Hey. Yes last day of a grulling week at work. London looked great in the sun today and realising that I have my life back after two years of crippling back pain... It all starts again from now... Oh and knowing that I'm going to meet some of you guys at Matlock this weekend...

Update Reply
babbsy @ 07/09/2007 17:52  

Fighting off the Invasion of the Daddy Longlegs with a broom and making the children laugh

Update Reply
Soo @ 07/09/2007 18:37  

Can You sort out the hugh Spider that kepps appearing on my shower curtain in the morning and making me scream at 6am most mornings! The neighbours must think I'm mad!!

Update Reply
babbsy @ 07/09/2007 18:40  

Now that I am single I have become quite adept at getting rid of creepy crawlies. The spider in the bath is easy. Keep a glass handy and cover the spider, gently ease the glass to the plug hole, put some water in the bath and then release the glass. None of the spiders have been intelligent enough to cling to the glass yet and then ram the plug down over the critter!

Update Reply
Soo @ 07/09/2007 18:43  

PS. I have got rid of 3 huge spiders using this method this week alone!

Update Reply
Soo @ 07/09/2007 18:43  

I have ousted him a couple of times with the glass and paper out the window but he keeps coming back...! His days are numbered

Update Reply
babbsy @ 07/09/2007 18:48  

it was probably the same spider soo.....if you flush them down the plug-hole they come back through the overflow(not kidding). the only sure way is to shake the glass outside!

Update Reply
actionman @ 07/09/2007 18:49  

Waking up at 4:30 (my usual time) an remembering my boss said I could "work from home" today.

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 07/09/2007 18:59  

I did....!!! Must like my bathroom!! Eiither that or there is a family of them. Still less of that will have a word next time with him as he is givin me a complex!!

Update Reply
babbsy @ 07/09/2007 19:01  

Goddarn! that spider is more clever than I thought! This is WAR!

Update Reply
Soo @ 07/09/2007 19:06  

Did you know that if you take the legs off a spider it goes deaf - no matter how loud you shout at it, it won't run away.

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 07/09/2007 19:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email