MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

up grading bike bulbs/lights?

up grading bike bulbs/lights? - Forums [Biker Match] up grading bike bulbs/lights? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

up grading bike bulbs/lights?

Hi All,

ive been looking at upgrading my multistarda to either
halogen kit/bulbs
(though a bit too expensive from a short look around)
or higher rated/after market bulbs, without affecting voltage/wattage rating of wiring,

I`ve fitted 2running led lights, and the difference in brightness of these over the OE lights has lead me to trying to improve the standard ones!

any views on bulb choice?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 08/08/2013 23:09  

My Blackbird has an HID headlight conversion,they aren't cheap but I can definately recommend one,like riding in daylight even on unlit roads.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 08/08/2013 23:16  

yes I like the hid, but I would need 4x the units, and am struggling to find space for the units, and alow space to cool them anywhere near the front of bike,
plus the cost as you say!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 08/08/2013 23:56  

You could try these Yeti http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251126309638?ssPageName=STRK:...1438.l2649 I've got some and I'm very pleased with them The twin lamps on the little CBR were by no means poor But I have definitely noticed an improvement The price isn't exhorbitant either for a pair I had to buy some adaptors to fit the Honda lamps which added to the cost ( thanks Mr Honda ) But if your bike will take std H4 bulbs you would notice the difference

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/08/2013 20:46  

i'm with emzed on this, i use them on the div and they are awesome. HID's are illegal on a motorcycle unless you have a self leveling unit fitted.
the horizon on the beam will go up on the outside edge as you corner, blinding oncoming traffic, i know it does on a normal headlight but they ain't as bright.

Update Reply
xj @ 09/08/2013 22:46  

thanks Emzed,

I`m having a moch around in the morning at the choice of aftermarket bulbs available down in my local boy racer supply shop/Halfords,

see whats what!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 09/08/2013 22:46  

I think you'll find that "Halfrauds" are considerably more expensive for the "Night Breakers" Best of luck anyway mate I'm sure if you try a pair, you'll "SEE" the difference

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/08/2013 23:52  

I have a HID kit on mine and think its great ..cost me £39 with ballast and lot ... Always passes MOT no bother .

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 10/08/2013 08:55  

Mine has had the HID kit for 4 years prior to me buying it, always passed mot with no probs according to its history file

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 10/08/2013 11:23  

Mot is done with the bike vertical. Was just giving info on the legal side of fitting them.

Update Reply
xj @ 10/08/2013 16:19  

Cars with HID lights have to be fitted with headlight washers (a friends BMW failed its mot because it has Bi-Xenons and the headlight washers didn't work!),trying to work out where I'll put the washer bottle on the bike....

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 10/08/2013 21:04  

ongoing story,
`ive H7`s on the multistrada,
and to fit hid kit, requires 4x separate "kits" and am struggling to find a suitable place for the associated gummings without danger of overheating,

looking increasingly like aftermarket bulbs, with uprated wattage,

sprint, im thinking the British weather acts enough like headlight washers for me, so I don't worry about fitting my own!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 12/08/2013 19:11  

oh, and sorry, ZJ, the multi does have levelling capability on the lights, nut not "automatic"
but TBH , that wouldn't worry me too much, very unlikely to be pulled in the real world for that.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 12/08/2013 19:13  

stupid computer! XJ !!!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 12/08/2013 19:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email