MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

2nd annual Scots Borders camping wknd.

2nd annual Scots Borders camping wknd.  (5) - Forums [Biker Match] 2nd annual Scots Borders camping wknd.  (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

2nd annual Scots Borders camping wknd.

Finnish Nuns????

Has nurse not given you your medication today Dusty?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 22/08/2013 19:55  

If any non attendees would like to join us on saturdays rideout feel free to meet us on route

leave Tibbie Shiels about 10:30 ish
Roslin chapel
Loanhead Sainsbury's
Lauder (Thirlstane castle)
Duns
Berwick upon Tweed
Holy Island (lindisfarne)
Coldstream
Kelso
St. Boswells (Abbey plus William Wallace statue)
Selkirk (cafe +petrol)
arrive Tibbie's ,,,,,,,,,,, fekd 200miles later.

Send me a text or a PM if ya fancy a lovely day in the Borders.
Dusty 0789 426 7078
xx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 22/08/2013 20:15  

@Steve h , nokia phone thought of it's homeland , should have read 'finish work' .
And if you're wide enough awake to notice that . You don't require a lay in , see ya at Thirlstane castle Lauder lol .
X

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 22/08/2013 20:24  

Most likey see you at Lindisfarne, what time do you expect to be there? I'll text in the morning before we set off.
It's hot and clammy here. But I'm packed and the fridge contains tomato juice to go with the vodka and beer to go with anything.
An early start is improbable...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 23/08/2013 19:13  

Hiya man , we're all pi55ed and stuffed from the barbie. Tall tomorrow hic Xxxx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 23/08/2013 20:42  

Food and Drink ? all right for some

Update Reply
JP @ 23/08/2013 20:51  

Hi all,
thank you all for a great weekend it was good to meet you, or meet you again.
Dusty, thanks for organising this, will make it a point to stop at the inn on future excursions past the loch and to look out for any more trips you plan there, it certainly is a wee gem
Ray, thanks for the curry, that was really good, and for chauffeuring me about all weekend. I can reciprocate the curry but, er, how can I put this?, I'm not insured for taking passengers.
Richard, SteveH and Dusty, ta for taking us a' Reiving. Samye-Ling was a lovely place to visit, the pub at Roslin had yummy shortbread, always wanted to visit Leadhills so can tick that off too; and it was great to enjoy all the scenery from the comfort of the back seat.
To everyone, thanks for the craic. Hope you all got home safe and dry and have some TCP or something for the midgie bites.
Izzy. x

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 26/08/2013 14:22  

shhhh Izzy , don't mention the midges , you'll put people off visiting Scotland.
Although , on second thoughts ,,,,,,,it should ensure that one of the last wonders of the biking world only for us .

Swarming with flying crocodiles ,
Abandon Hope All Ye That Enter Here.

It was a terrible weekend , forced to ride on empty roads through the desolate beauty of Scotland.
And as for the claim of Scottish ancestry , not a McDonalds or a neon lamp in site.
From the banks of the Tweed to the high village of Wanlockhead (1531') not a drop of rain was to be found , we drank our whisky neat.
Not a discotheque in sight . We were forced to sit round the campfire and hold a conversation for the barbie night and BigRays curry night . Then , off to the pub for a good swally followed by a 'Highland reel' back to our campsite for a midnight blether by the fire.
North 'o' the Border.
It's a tough life but someone has to do it lol.
Dusty x
I thank you all for braving the dangers of Scotland .
P.s.
I'll post some photos when I figure out how they go from the camera to BM.
Technonumpty lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 26/08/2013 14:58  

yeah, great weekend managed to cristen the new bike, thanx to ray for lookin after me too...gettin to be a lovely group to hang with.....canna wait for the nxt one and JP will be along to the next one for sure xxx

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 26/08/2013 16:39  

ooops forgot to mention thanx to H, issy and Ray for helpin to pack up...got back in just ovr 2hrs xx

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 26/08/2013 17:17  

Another wonderful weekend with a pleasant bunch of looonatics.
Some photies uploaded.

Right. What next?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/08/2013 17:29  

"Right. What next?" - you tell us .....

Good to meet you again, and SWMBO of course. Was sorry not to say cheerie-bye but hope you got back drier than you arrived.
Will go check the photos.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 26/08/2013 17:37  

We got back soaking wet.... but that was on account of the heat
Failed to find the temple thing but had a great ride back regardless. God it's pretty up there.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/08/2013 18:55  

The Border Reivers met up at Tibbie's.
wi tents and bikes and loads o' midgies,
We had fog and sun and loads o' fun,
Izzy wis a stoater the queen o' the high kickers,
dancing in the water wi her frock stuffed doon her knickers,
and Sandy nae tae be ootdone rolled troosers tae her knees,
wi a hanky oon er napper, whilst she sniffed the fresh air breeze,

They met their gods from Tibet tae Rosslyn,
then four stripped off and dived intae the Lochan,
All too soon alas it comes tae an end,
but wait till October, its just roond the bend !!!

Thanks for the memories,
Richard ( yer barred!!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/08/2013 22:07  

PMSL, ROFL etc, etc!
That's great!

I hope no-one (who was'nae there) believes a word of it

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 26/08/2013 22:39  

Thanks for the photos Steve_H (were those fish n chips for me? they look deelish) http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gal...9&page=

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/08/2013 00:19  

Finally managed to up load a couple of piccies . It's my 1st digital camera rather than the phone. my head hurts. I look forward to the next Border Reivers outing , Northumberland? Yorkshire? the Borders perhaps? I'd be pleased to meet one or all , anywhere on the planet. Dusty xxx P.s. anyone for a cross channel mission next year ? mmm , rich text enabled lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 28/08/2013 11:24  

Great photos Dusty, worth the wait. Cracking one of Sandra, I see a new profile pic in the offing there.

Definitely up for more Reiveing, much prefer social camping combined with exploring the countryside to the big festivals. I'll come by bike next time - no glamping - so no big pots for curry and rice, but we'll make do.

Does it count as 'Reiveing' outwith the Borders? Whatever, I'm up to consider crossing the channel or even the Irish Sea. When do I start packing? Maybe start saving first!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 28/08/2013 12:44  

Hi Izzy , yeah that pic was taken especially for Sandra's profile ,I hope San uses it , she looks great.
I'll check out Ferries , sites , pre pitch gites etc . For next spring . X

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 28/08/2013 17:04  

Hey Dusty,
Count me in for any cross channelling, ankle should be done by then !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2013 23:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email