MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Rolling Stones at Glastonbury

Rolling Stones at Glastonbury - Forums [Biker Match] Rolling Stones at Glastonbury - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Rolling Stones at Glastonbury

Hi

Just something I have to get off my chest. Mrs AJ bought the Daily Mail at the weekend, with the headlines... 'Glastonbury's night of the living dead' I really enjoyed the part of their set that was televised although apparently they did a two hour show, not one.

If the total MORON that wrote that headline had a fraction of the success the Stones have had over 50 years, and not 5 minutes, then he'she will be doing well.

I would still love to go and see the Stones, if I ever get the chance, I will !!!

Wodd'ya reckon ?????

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 02/07/2013 17:57  

Me too AJ, i watched them on tv at Glastonbury......Brilliant.. and to think they are pensioners too, lets see if the person that wrote that will have the same claim when they are that age ? Doubt it very much... x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2013 18:00  

I was told that they were to blame for the smell of 'p'...... ;)

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 02/07/2013 18:23  

I was lucky enough to get tickets to see the stones at Don Valley arena some years ago, I wasn't a massive fan but I went along thinking they had to be worth going to see just for the experience alone. The day of the gig came and it bucketed down with rain , as it was an open air arena I wrongly assumed that maybe the stones would be divas and either refuse to play or do a short set. How wrong was I ! They came out and played magnificently, in the rain, wearing kagools and rain macs........ Boy was I impressed. They never missed a note, put on a great show and made the crowd totally forget it was raining. True professionals!

Update Reply
Curlyblonde @ 02/07/2013 18:23  

I have seen the Rolling Stones live on two occasions, both were at the old wembley stadium. The Voodoo lounge and bridges of Babylon tours. Both were really fantastic. Support bands were Sheryl Crow and Guns and Roses, how bads that. Wanting to see them one more time, i tried to get tickets for their Hyde park concert this summer. The ticket sales were to start at 9-00am, I went on line at that time to find it was sold out. I will live in hope and keep trying. Fpr me the Glastonbury perfomance was brilliant.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/07/2013 00:07  

Telly viewers never get to see as much as those who pay for their ticket and attend, it wouldn't be fair on the ticket buyers. I wished I'd watched it now, everyone is talking about it saying how well they performed, I had to go to bed cos I had an early start next morning. A J I wouldn't send your lass out for the Daily Mail anymore, disrespectful chuffers! lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/07/2013 00:41  

i agree aj they have stood the test of time unlike JLS pmsl!!!!!!! but i have to say that pic of kieth richards was not very flattering lol !! but like queen,deep purple and the like a proper band that does real music not like half the crap around these days!!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 03/07/2013 05:58  

Oh no.......JLS are splitting up........... what am i going to do now .................

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 03/07/2013 07:25  

.. I've always been a heavy metal fan .. Got into the Rolling Stones a couple of years ago so a newbie really .. And actually can't get enough of their music, the lyrics and sounds they produce and not many bands around today if any who can still rock and produce live shows like they do, they are in a class of there own and still producing new music and have done all the way thru without having a huge 25/30 yr gap .. I can't think of any bands that do that now .. Sabbath have prob only come back cos ozzy and gang are skint lol..

They were FAB on the tv would absolutely love to see them live :-D

Update Reply
Flumpy76 @ 03/07/2013 07:58  

i saw that headline too VFR and looked inside at the pics

i was gobsmacked at how juvenile, pathetic and darn bloody rude a reporter can be... hang on why was i suprised !!! hahahahahah

The Stones are a real rock an roll band, they have walked the walk and still talk the talk and they are amazing... ffs what do peeps expect them to look like feckin Cliff Richard or to have face lifts etc....

i for one am glad they look real.... they are wise, they have seen it all and they play amazing music... i have nowt but respect for them and i think the papers and media just showed how pathetic they are and also confirmed why i dont watch telly or read papers!!!!

Rock on Rolling Stones you are awesome and me loves ya...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2013 17:36  

Any band that can still pull the crowds, let alone headline Glastonbury, deserves RESPECT!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2013 19:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email