MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

MacMillan Fund Raising - Stella up a Big Hill

MacMillan Fund Raising - Stella up a Big Hill - Forums [Biker Match] MacMillan Fund Raising - Stella up a Big Hill - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

MacMillan Fund Raising - Stella up a Big Hill

Stella aka Holmfirthgirl and her niece Vix are raising money for MacMillan Cancer and if they reach their target they have to climb a VERY big hill - Kilimanjaroo So if you can afford to help then please do so, if you cant no worries, send her some good wishes for the journey :) If you dont have a Paypal account thats OK you can always give cash when you see either myself, Stella, Mr Ken or Spesh and we'll add it for you, Pilly Day is coming up so you can always grab one of us there if you want to :) Also keep an eye out for some more fund raising events in the pipe line, including a fancy dress party :) http://www.justgiving.com/Victoria-lassetter

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/06/2013 22:31  

cheers for this Jackie - yeah come on peeps I'm doing the hard work, all you have to do make a small donation - even a £1 helps Macmillan Support I'm not gonna be able to make the pilly day, but Jackie has a bucket for you to make donations if you want to

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 29/06/2013 08:47  

Thanks folks pilly day raised £87.75 :-)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/07/2013 17:59  

Wow that is brilliant Jackie....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 01/07/2013 22:47  

ooo nice one peeps - thanks soo much, it's very much appreciated & thanks Jackie for doing the honours for me

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/07/2013 19:21  

Still time to make a donation folks :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/07/2013 09:50  

BUMP

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/07/2013 12:53  

Not long now eh Stella...bet your just a bit giddy ? All the best in the world to you for such a wonderful thing you are doing... 3 cheers for our Stells... xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2013 12:17  

giddy??? more like pooooing meself!!! lol Just had 1 of me injections & got me malaria tablets & me cert to say I don't need the yellow fever jab. Been on a panick buy of 'Stuff' & need to go to go outdoors to do more panick buying of 'stuff' The real thing that's scaring me, is altitude sickness & creepy crawlies & Mossy's & the fact that the sumit ascent night is comparable to climbing Ben Nevis, in the dark, already at altitude & then the descent is over 18 hours (having taken us 6 days ish to get up there!! I'm sure once I'm back home I'll think it's the greatest thing I've ever done....however I doubt I'll be feeling it at the time

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 30/07/2013 13:06  

Oh heck Stella......thats some stuff youv'e had to get through eh love ? But you will do it through sheer determination if nowt else !!! And YES it will be the greatest thing you have ever done.. I take my hat off to you darlin. !!!!. All the very best Stella love..xxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2013 13:51  

Blimey Lass its just a big hill lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/08/2013 21:59  

Just come across this and thought I'd share my experience of the "caring" side of Macmillan. When my mother was diagnosed with cancer the local Macmillan person visited, she was bossy and overpowering, we were then informed that Ma was not ill enough for their support. She died 6 months later.

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 02/08/2013 08:28  

sorry to hear that Tim, but I suppose there's good & bad experiences with everything. My own experiences of Macmillan Nurses have been pretty positive.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 03/08/2013 07:58  

as with you H-F-G,
I`ve had nothing but fantastic experience's with the Macmillan nurses, they were so nice with my Mum a couple of years ago, when she was terminal for 7 full weeks in hospital, I still have a covenant on my wages for them.

good luck with "the hill"
its not too bad, if you`ve been getting plenty of walking in, I found the main thing was to keep fully hydrated above everything else,
(done a fair bit of that outdoor stuff)

good luck!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 03/08/2013 22:28  

Getting close eh Stella.......bet the nerves are kicking in... xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2013 07:46  

STill time to help Stella up the hill folks :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/08/2013 09:27  

yep, we fly out on 12/09!!! am now in panick buying of 'stuff' mode!! www.justgiving.com/victoria-lassetter is our just giving page

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 16/08/2013 10:05  

Stells at least you save space with shampoo and stuff lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/08/2013 10:37  

Getting close to this eh Stells ... xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2013 18:48  

Hi ho hi ho its up a hill she goes ..................

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/08/2013 09:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email