MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Police Auctions??

Police Auctions?? - Forums [Biker Match] Police Auctions?? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Police Auctions??

Anyone know how I can find out about police auctions, specifically motorbikes? Not sure what's genuinly real via a typical search engine....

Have asked local coppers who've passed me a link but the site doesn't seem to include bikes.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Me. :)

Update Reply
MjN @ 26/06/2013 17:24  

Hi mjn, I have also been looking and the official auction site for police is bumblebees, though there is never very much on there. Might be an idea to go to your local bobby shop and ask if they have any bikes they have recovered that might be for sale direct.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/06/2013 17:31  

Think most of then are bought up by companys now in bulk you see stuff on e-bay but its not cheap thats for x police bikes and cars if your looking for recovered stuff its not there it all goes for scrap or breakers yards as its owned by Insurance companys

Update Reply
JP @ 26/06/2013 18:18  

beware ex plod pan europeans...bad reputation with force and loads offloaded with cut frames to prevent resale,known of some unscrupulous folks repairing and shunting on cheapish...not good..actually still got my ex-plod bike ...ྋ guzzi 1000g5,ex sussex constabulary,362,000 miles so far and resting in my garage(it's name is old bill)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/06/2013 21:09  

Used to work with a guy who ran an ex met R80RT,he thought it was great.
A friends dad is ex cid and he always buys ex armed response cars,his current Volvo T5R is a proper rocketship,still has the gun racks fitted too!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 26/06/2013 22:02  

beware ex plod pan europeans...bad reputation Why???

no doubt from peeps who are...........................................

ok ok i've taken my tablet. I've got an ex plod ST1100 AWESOME BIKE had it almost 4 years done 37,000 on it bought it with 28,000 so up to about 65,000 odd now and not one problem of any sort just change the oil n filter plugs etc. dip beam blew last year on an 1800 mile scotish trip of there again in a few weeks on same bike no reservations at all. will need to do timing belt at 90,000 AWESOME MILE MUNCHER

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2013 09:16  

why....because when in the hands of police riders,at the speeds they do, laden down with kit they carry day to day,they had an unfortunate(and well publicized) habit of imitating bucking broncos and attempting to offload/kill their riders...subject to internal inquiry,why many were withdrawn /scrapped by several forces...reliability not an issue,seen many pans that have been round clock twice and still rocking along..no slur intended on your bike,OB54..just facts...and tbh,not many of us CAN ride like police riders...x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/06/2013 12:09  

that was the ST1300 NOT the ST1100 Generalisation is the argument of fools

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2013 12:43  

or possibly the police cant ride as well as some think? the ST1300 is still used in the London area both by AA mobile patrols and RAPID RESPONSE PARAMEDICS who i talk to quite often and they have no issues with this bike, personally i have never ridden a 1300 have no desire to, as i simply dont like the styling so feel i am unqualified to commenton this machine

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2013 12:47  

Try Copart's website, they auction off damaged/stolen recovered motorcycles, but be warned, registration is/was £50! sometimes there is nice raw "meat" in there for chops or streetfighters.

Update Reply
cuzzie @ 29/06/2013 13:05  

Also try BMAR Bawtry motor auctions, and York auction centre, depends on what you are looking for.

Update Reply
cuzzie @ 29/06/2013 13:14  

Plod offloaded a load of ST1300'S a few years back with zero miles on and bought FJR1300'S instead for the precise reason Jinx mentions.
As to cars I wouldn't buy an ex patrol car (Astra,Corsa etc) as while they are well serviced they are generally well used and tatty inside.Motorway/response cars on the other hand are generally Volvo T5R's or BMW 535i's,well maintained,looked after fairly well and very quick if low spec and white paint.Many years ago I ran an ex Kent motorway police Granada 2.8i,white,wind up windows,no rear headrests,zip in roof headlining etc,was the fastest Granada I've driven and I've had a few over the years.Was very good in the fast lane of the M2 as well,never had a car shift dawdlers in front quicker once they saw it in the mirror!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 29/06/2013 13:17  

Forgot to mention CW Harrisons auctions in Ossett, they sometimes have two or three bikes in, although you would have to check regularly, there isn't any in at the moment.

Update Reply
cuzzie @ 29/06/2013 13:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email