MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Mirrors?

Mirrors? - Forums [Biker Match] Mirrors? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Mirrors?

Have recently gone back to bikes and got myself an old VFR750FK. Now I'm a bit of a wide load and to be honest the mirrors are nothing short of useless, not so bad in traffic but when it's head down on the motorway a look over the shoulder doesn't give me a good enough view back into the distance to safely pull out. Anyone got any solutions to this, wide view stick ons just give my a wider view of my excessive bulk and not much else! I'm even contemplating a suck on caravan mirror, bit worried about the size of it but don't mind something the same size again strapped on to the edge.
Cheers in advance

Update Reply
barneyg42 @ 20/06/2013 09:04  

get some bar end mirrors theyre fab :)

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 20/06/2013 18:35  

Yeah tried some and they didnt fit so sent them back, the normal end screws in whereas the aftermarket ones seem to tighten and expand to grip and don't reach into the bar far enough!

Update Reply
barneyg42 @ 20/06/2013 19:39  

mirrors .....what are them? :o lol cant see much outta mine either....its just the joys of owning a sports bike....it could be worse ...could be a ducati lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 21/06/2013 10:59  

Look round both sides like we had to for our riding/driving test, I do not think mirrors are compulsory on motor cycles but I may be wrong???
Do riders have to look round on there tests?

Update Reply
bingwing @ 24/06/2013 18:41  

The threads are universal, so buy some wiv long stalks. And ferget kwakgirl; by the time she's seen them, they've already overtakin her!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/06/2013 19:02  

actually xk the threads are not universal triumphs are different to yamahas as are kwaks and hondas.depends on the bike as to what thread they are wether normal metric or metric fine as are on my trumpet but you can get extensions for mirrors so give m and p accessories a buzz or try busters accessories they may be able to help

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 25/06/2013 20:05  

My Blackbird has mirror extenders,without them they would be only useful for holding the front indicators!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 25/06/2013 21:31  

Got aftermarket mirrors that are about as useful as a chocolate teapot at anything over fifty. But they are unusual so they stay! No, mirrors are not compulsory I believe. Have had only the right hand mirror on a fair few of my bikes and never had issues with MOT's or being bollocked by the uniformed ones. And threads are definately not universal! Sorry, cant give any suggestions except try the long stalk jobbies

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2013 23:30  

Try that new helmet that gives you a display on your visor of the view behind, awesome but expensive!

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 27/06/2013 11:26  

No substitute for a "good" look behind

But on the M/way & busy A roads & dual carriageways a good mirror is always helpful

As Debs said it could be worse

Take a look at the pics of my Ducati on my profile

The extended mirror I have fitted might spoil the "aesthestics"

But it sure brings peace o mind on busy "fast" roads

Update Reply
Emzed @ 27/06/2013 14:19  

Could be worse...
Could be on an ironhead. Shakes that much I can't even see me in em!

Update Reply
Bikewreck @ 23/07/2013 16:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email