MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

R1 1999

R1 1999 - Forums [Biker Match] R1 1999 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

R1 1999

Help
i own a 1999 R1 and it keeps cutting out when riding, leave 10 mins or so it starts and drives a while then cuts out again !!
any ideas anyone ?
Ian

Update Reply
ian0831 @ 28/05/2013 06:52  

Semi Blocked fuel line ?

Update Reply
JP @ 28/05/2013 18:29  

before you start getting into anything complex which it is prob not , short circuit side stand switch and clutch switch if it cuts sudenly .if it seems to run out of fuel could pos be the vac controled fuel tap . chris

Update Reply
christof @ 28/05/2013 18:45  

before you start getting into anything complex which it is prob not , short circuit side stand switch and clutch switch if it cuts sudenly .if it seems to run out of fuel could pos be the vac controled fuel tap . chris

Update Reply
christof @ 28/05/2013 18:46  

There are a few things it could be. Fuel, electrics, sensor, blocked pipe. Need more info on what happens when the bike stops and when it is running.

Update Reply
thediver37 @ 14/06/2013 19:57  

Had a similar problem on my 750 SRAD last year, it turned out after a process of elimination I discovered a fault with the ECU, put simply I installed a pressure gauge with a 'T' fitting into the fuel line after the pump and mounted the gauge behind the front screen so as to keep an eye on whilst riding, also a remote switch to the fuel pump off a spare 12volt supply ( this was useful so as not to be stranded in the middle of nowhere! ) The conclusion was an intermitent breakdown on the 12 volt supply to the fuel pump within the ECU, the ECU circuitry had 2 modes for the fuel pump, one for priming and the other for engine running, engine running mode was the problem. Might be worth a look if all other areas are ok. : )

Update Reply
Gummybear @ 25/06/2013 23:36  

hi i went into this forum for you it seems a common problem with whats known as the TPS sensors becoming fowled, and dirty, he says he cleaned them and he hasn,t had the cutting out problem since

http://www.r1messagenet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264

hope this helps

Update Reply
nev3 @ 27/06/2013 19:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email