MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

SORN Advice

SORN Advice - Forums [Biker Match] SORN Advice - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

SORN Advice

Hi....whilst I do realise that I should've SORN'd me bike waaaay back in the 90's when I first garaged it, I had too many other priorities at the time :( Now, more than a decade later, and after several house moves, I'm wanting to 'road' my bike again so, having contacted the nice people at DVLC to ask for their advice, they acknowledged my letter and told me that someone would be in touch in due course....that was nearly a year ago
Thing is, I'm scared to remind them in case they hit me for a horrendous bill in back-dated road tax. I did tell them that the vehicle had been garaged all the while and, at one point, was even in two different garages at the same time...ie dismantled. Anyway, long story short, they ain't been back in touch, and I need to bite the bullet and do do something about it
Anyone had a similar experience..?

Update Reply
Dingus Magee @ 24/05/2013 13:22  

hi dingus i did back in 2008 when building my lowrider.the frame i built it round had been off the road for over 5yrs in bits.i dint even tell em.i just sent the log book off to put it in my name and new address an then just taxed it as normal.never heard a thing off em.but what you could do is just send the logbook off and put your new address on it after sorning it online and then when it comes back just tax as normal thats what one of me mates did

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 24/05/2013 13:44  

the other thing is to hit you with a tax bill they have to prove its been on a public highway and if you state it hasnt they will then have to go to all the hassle of following your movements for the last decade and try to prove it and i dont think they will be bothered with all that.if needed get a mate to write you an official looking letter stating its been stored in his garage for the last 15 yrs or so and you have been paying storage,all you have to do is get a book and write down a yearly payment and have him sign it and you have all the proof you need

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 24/05/2013 13:49  

Thanks fer that zzrbabe...and, I know JUST the fella who will do that fer me ;)

Update Reply
Dingus Magee @ 24/05/2013 19:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email