MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Best insurance companies

Best insurance companies - Forums [Biker Match] Best insurance companies - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Best insurance companies

Sorry if this subject has been done elsewhere - getting my 1st bike in a few weeks - any suggestions for best insurance companies please? many thanks!

Update Reply
Heavymetalthunder @ 19/05/2013 00:30  

Try Carole Nashe. Footman James or Peter James. They usually give the most competive quotes.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 19/05/2013 00:51  

Thank you Vladamir!

Update Reply
Heavymetalthunder @ 19/05/2013 00:56  

I found that my first ever motorcycle insurance quote was quite reasonable, it was the second and subsequent years that it sky rocketed, so be prepared to shop around NEXT year. Try these http://www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk/

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/05/2013 14:44  

Don't go and use those 'compare' websites, they're a rip-off !!!!

You best going directly to insurance sites (or phoning) HMT, and you may get a policy to tailor to your needs exactly, as you can tell them what you want and don't want, and in the process get a much better quote than 'compare sites'. Compare sites are not always cheaper or honest about what you exactly get for your money (sometimes hidden costs). And I believe that compare sites get a throw-back off the Insurance companies if they push 'their' company at customers!!!!

Happy riding

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/05/2013 19:06  

i found devitt the cheapest for me this year. but as sandi said, shop around every year for the best deal, they give you a good price the first year but whack it up after that.

Update Reply
xj @ 19/05/2013 23:47  

Your occupation can make a huge difference to the quote, even a slight rethink on how you describe your occupation can help. Dnt stretch it too far though, insurance policies are 'of utmost good faith' and depend on your honesty in the detail when filling in the forms.
Shame the insurance companies don't use the same morals when dealing with a claim....
Watch the excess you may have to pay and ask about mid term adjustment fees and think about European cover and breakdown/recovery offerings, it all makes a difference.
Multi bike policies can be very good value and see if the policy will cover ANY bike you care to ride too.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 05/06/2013 08:19  

i have used ebike very very good.am with mce and theyre fantastic.get my speed triple fully comp+breakdown+helmet/leather cover £10,000 and protected excess £124
but i t pays to shop around.ive always used the three comparison websites to get quotes then go to them and haggle to get a better deal and it works everytime i get a discount every year from mce

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 09/06/2013 16:01  

M C E insurance, they were £ 110 pound cheaper, for the Hayabusa,
Fully comp, £178.. Brill! For that bike..

Update Reply
gazza123 @ 16/06/2013 07:24  

Thank you everyone for responding .. have to put my insurance on hold for now .. am poorly again at the moment so no bike for me just yet .... shop has had to re-sell it for me before i even rode it ... :((((( but I WILL GET THERE!!!

Update Reply
Heavymetalthunder @ 18/06/2013 00:13  

I went with MCE for the 1st time this year and saved £300.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 18/06/2013 21:29  

I too went with MCE. £415 for new Busa with no NCD. (I had 9 years NCD but it has lapsed as not had bike for 3 yrs)

Update Reply
Tina_Hantz @ 20/06/2013 17:08  

Aww HMT that's a bummer, I do hope you will recover quickly and be able to get the bike you want - best of luck

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/06/2013 18:11  

I have used online compare site for the last 7 years for bikes and cars and found nothing to the point that I would not use them again as they have saved me a lot of money over that period. Four year ago I used `Confused.com`and they pointed out Bennetts were for the best deal for what I requested on cover. The following year I assumed Bennetts would give me the best deal, so I continued another year although they had upped the cost of policy by £21. ( maybe Inflation I thought).
The following year it went up again by reminder of renewal, so I went online again to `Confused.com`and got it for £79 cheaper with AQuote.
The year after I went online again and got it cheaper still from `wait for it` "Bennett" so I have gone back to them for this year.....
Five years ago I saved £295 on my Nisson Navara the same way..... I trusted the Insurance I dealt with for years???

Update Reply
bingwing @ 23/06/2013 19:52  

Sorry to hear about your illness Heavymetalthunder. Hope you get better soon.

Update Reply
bingwing @ 23/06/2013 19:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email