MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

6th Anual Margate meltdown 27th May 2013

6th Anual Margate meltdown 27th May 2013 (3) - Forums [Biker Match] 6th Anual Margate meltdown 27th May 2013 (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

6th Anual Margate meltdown 27th May 2013

And i didn't even use my satnav. I got lost all of my own volition. Yaaaaaaaaay.

Update Reply
xj @ 28/05/2013 13:19  

LOL @ the comments in this thread Thanks for the photos AndySimmo http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=3972

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/05/2013 12:25  

Sorry Sandi, I have only just realised I didn't download my photo's. I will get right on it now All done The last few were fromWhitsable where we took a slight detour on the way back. Whitstable hasn't really changed much from the 50's

Update Reply
davidneale @ 29/05/2013 16:45  

Only you would know that David

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 29/05/2013 19:17  

My dad told me

Update Reply
davidneale @ 29/05/2013 19:30  

Thanks for the photos David, nice one of you, and a nice one of our newcomer What's Ordinary? http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gal...2&page= Who is the other female? and who is the camera shy fella? Did all those with their name down turn up?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/05/2013 21:25  

yes, just who is that good looking, suave, sophisticated handsome young man who is a trifle camera shy?
toast looks nice though.

Update Reply
xj @ 29/05/2013 22:05  

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/05/2013 22:07  

Sandi, Pretty well ever one on this forum met up. I am not sure about others on the events page, there were so many people there it would have been difficult to spot them. The other woman in the photos is the wife of Andsimmo's friend who was also there. I don't think they are BM members but they are a very nice couple and made good company. You obviously now know who was behind the toast. He thinks being photographed takes away part of his soul. Not the ones on his bike boots It was a brilliant day and plenty of sunshine

Update Reply
davidneale @ 29/05/2013 22:17  

You obviously now know who was behind the toast. He thinks being photographed takes away part of his soul. I didn't know xj is a gypsy/traveller/Romany (it is them who think that way isn't it, or am I confuddled again?) If he knows what a diddikai is he's a Romany, or well read, or both, lol Ta for explaining David

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/05/2013 22:41  

Diddikai, or maybe a diddicoy if i am disingenious.

The belief a photo captures part of your soul stems from the belief that a mirror will reflect your soul, leading to a belief that an image of yourself is actualy of your soul, so a when you are photographed and the photo is taken away, a part of your soul goes with it.

My personal belief is nowhere near as spiritual as that. I believe that in photos the image portrayed of myself is that of a complete dork. Toast is much more photogenic.

Update Reply
xj @ 30/05/2013 22:49  

Many a true word has been spoken in jest xj...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2013 23:02  

Oh my goodness I really truly believe that a photo captures part of your soul and part of your soul goes with it. Have done for years!

I buckled to pressure on here to put upload a photo.. its the first one taken in 22 years, Im hoping that 22 years of dodging cameras will see me in good stead for at least another year or two given that I gave in and succumbed to the monster of the picture box.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 30/05/2013 23:18  

Nice one Mark, well said. I think most people don't like seeing there own photos. It's the same with hearing your own voice.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 31/05/2013 00:00  

i don't think it takes part of my soul, it just erodes the self delusion of being a suave, sophisticated, debonair good looking bastid which unfortunately is both crucial and integral to my physical and mental wellbeing.

Maybe see you at farmyard gotbike, we can get pissed and discuss soul vs lifeforce.

Update Reply
xj @ 31/05/2013 08:27  

Sounds like a plan ... but only if it involves copious amounts of Jack Daniels ! See you there xj!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/05/2013 13:05  

I feel i must insist on a little decorum here. It simply had to be pimms or nothing i'm afraid.

Update Reply
xj @ 01/06/2013 09:31  

Rofl! Pimms ... Sounds like you have very 'sophisticated' tastes. Must remember to look out for a gentleman wearing a smoking jacket n a cravat ((tee hee))

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/06/2013 06:23  

so good to see everyone had a great time at Margate.
Now all we need to do is repeat the exercise at another event soon!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 05/06/2013 08:02  

i do hope that if i were perambulating in the park with a jacket which was positively smoking some jolly good chap would let me know forthwith so the problem could be speedily rectified by the application of a fire extinguisher to said article of clothing.
i sincerely have no wish whatsoever for con-flagrant peregrination, it can be, i am assured very detrimental to one's well being.

Update Reply
xj @ 06/06/2013 01:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email