MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Booked Today

Booked Today - Forums [Biker Match] Booked Today - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Booked Today

Went to Whitstable Harbour today, beautiful, wife and i sat and had a plate if oysters and a beer and then somebody told us that the traffic warden had booked all of the bikes that were parked by the coastguard station. Unfortunately all 8 bikes had been booked. Apparently they have changed the rules recently but neglected to put up anything to let us know that there is no longer anywhere for bikes to park. I feel a little annoyed that there is parking for cars, disabled parking and places to put your pushbikes but there is nowhere to park a motorbike....are we being discriminated against?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2013 17:02  

If there is no sign to say no parking or no sign to say that there are changes to parking restriction's I cant see they can enforce the tickets

Update Reply
JP @ 06/05/2013 17:33  

that seems a bit bad Timax i agree with JP how on earth can they say its a "legal" ticket if there is no sign!

maybe you could start a petition i dont know how to do it myself bt i think you can do it online and put the link on here and get as many peeps as possible to get this overuled or get peeps to write to the local council or your mp if they are any good?

MAG managed to get parking sorted at Buxton for bikes... maybe your local MAG rep can help on this one defo worth contacting them if you are a member or even if not give it a try?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2013 21:45  

Try this Timax, go back to Whitstable harbour asap and take photos of the area you are talking about, if there are no notifications regard restricting parking for bikes or anything then I would think you have grounds to contest it. But you really need to get down there quick before some jobsworth decides to put signs up and ruin your chances of retribution.
Just a thought.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2013 23:20  

Agree with 66....photo evidence to throw at them....

Update Reply
MjN @ 07/05/2013 00:08  

Dear me - do they not want people to visit their town and spend money ? Throw it right back at them Timax 53 !! Good Luck x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2013 06:36  

good idea 66

bt they still need to sort some parking for bikes as well

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2013 10:42  

Indeed Suzi, I agree with you and perhaps this is a way to bring that issue to the council in question.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2013 11:05  

Hi and welcome to the club Timax I agree with JP, I can't see how they can enforce the ticket if there are no signs up warning folk NOT to park there. Taking a photo may not help as it could have been taken anytime, have that days newspaper showing the date?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/05/2013 13:23  

parking on the pavement (if thats what happend here) isnt legal anywhere, but in a lot of places it becomes the norm... until someone complains or you get an new warden or something...
if there aren't any bike parking bays then one way to make the point is to park a bike in each car parking bay, do this on a saturday or sunday (whenever is most busy).. buy tickets (swap bkes over every hour if neccesary)..... a few moans from old biddies who cant get a parking space may well change the councils attitude...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2013 14:05  

actually 'wot i wrote' above isnt quite correct... parking on the pavement in London is definately not legal... outside of London the council need to apply for a specific order to do so and put up a sign... however if the bike is deemed to be causing an obstruction then the police (not the council) can ticket you....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2013 14:55  

hmmm wanted to add this link to the above but theres no modify/edit post button.. did there used to be??

anyway, a useful resource for motoring legal quieries is here...

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=idx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2013 15:17  

I posted an appeal to Whitstable council...see where I get...I'll keep you posted

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2013 17:28  

Neil, the edit button is only active for a certain amount of time, 15 minutes I think, after that it can't be used http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=idx pepipoo? lol sounds like Pepe Le Pew Good Luck Tim

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/05/2013 22:02  

You will get a standard letter back saying pay up thay only take notice after your 2nd letter so don't be put off by there initial reply and if all else fails a trip there on mass and let parking bay commence

Update Reply
JP @ 08/05/2013 06:28  

Got my reply today....Fined £35....Thanks Canterbury Council...poke your Whitstable Harbour and your Oysters up your rosy red ar**s, BTW tell all of your traders on the harbour seafront that you have taken good money out of their hands because I know I won't be visiting there anytime soon. All round to my house for a beer, barbie and some good old fun!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2013 16:30  

I agree with Neil lets all turn up first thing in a morning and park one bike in each car bay. We'll leave them there for the maximum amount of time and have other bikes on standby. Soon as our time is up swap it for another. They'll soon start getting complaints lol

Does this sound too much like an uprising??

Update Reply
OMNF @ 22/05/2013 10:38  

Sounds like a plan OMNF, this country could use a few uprisings to make those in authority sit up and take notice of those who put them there.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2013 11:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email