MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Camping Gear at Lidl 25April 2013

Camping Gear at Lidl 25April 2013 - Forums [Biker Match] Camping Gear at Lidl 25April 2013 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Camping Gear at Lidl 25April 2013

Lidl has some camping gear on offer from this Thursday 25th April 2013, including a 3 man tent for £29.99

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/www_lidl_uk

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/04/2013 18:30  

looks good nice one Karey....

tho just thinking the tent front porch would be better without the clear window bits me thinketh if they can be covered all teh better for storing stuff overnight etc

stove and thermal ground mats good too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2013 18:34  

Yeh their stuff is usually good quality too, Suzi... (look out for the motorcycle gear when it's on offer),

You can always cover the clear panels with something. They might even have inbuilt covers.. I think mine does...

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/04/2013 18:40  

yeah very true karey .... ive bought some of their bike gear

tent looks good

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2013 19:37  

just in time for bum in the mud, although i think maybe a dinghy to escape in may be better.

Update Reply
xj @ 22/04/2013 23:53  

*BUMP*

Update Reply
Karey @ 24/04/2013 18:47  

I bought a 'winter' bike jacket from Lidl at 35 quid 2 years ago and it is the warmest and best waterproof jacket I have ever worn on the bike, far far better than the 300 odd quid one I also have....normally I don't skimp on bike gear but took a gamble with this jacket and glad I did. I highly recommend Lidl's bike gear

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2013 19:05  

Nice one Lulu

I've got the thermals, had them about 2 years and they're brilliant too.

And I got a dry bag from Aldi about 5 years ago, which cost £6, they're about £10 anywhere else, and I can get most of my camping gear in it..

Their stuff is good quality, I think it's German

Update Reply
Karey @ 24/04/2013 19:44  

Is Ducktape on offer, Kaz?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2013 19:45  

Haha XK.. Ssshhh...don't tell anyone... if it is, I will need it all!

Update Reply
Karey @ 24/04/2013 19:47  

Those tents at Lidl look very similar to the Tents Aldi have had in the past. If they are made by the same people, the spec is very good for a £30 tent.
You can't blank out those windows in the porch bit but, you have a built in mozzy net on the door. They are roomy inside and very waterproof. I'm on my second one now because some A/holes lit a fire too near to me at the Farmyard a couple of years back and the flying embers wrecked my flysheet.

Only critisism I have is, the tents are quite tall and the poles a little flimsy because of the length. If the wind gets up the tent tends to "curtsy" in on you. It gets bloody annoying after about the tenth time. You really have to tighten the ropes to stop it.
Other than that really good piece of kit

Update Reply
clarkee @ 24/04/2013 20:32  

Ps. got a Lidl 3 season sleeping bag for the Friskney camp in Oct 2011 and that is great

Update Reply
clarkee @ 24/04/2013 20:35  

You'll find that the specials which Aldi and Lidl stock are VERY similar... two brothers own the two companies... they just don't see eye to eye apparently!!

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 24/04/2013 21:53  

Well that's me bought the only tent our local branch had out on the first afternoon of the sale!

Update Reply
centurion @ 25/04/2013 13:47  

Yeh Harley_Rider that's what I heard too

Lol...Well Done Centurion! They never seem to get enough stock in do they?

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/04/2013 16:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email