MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Lochness , the prequel ?

Lochness , the prequel ? (7) - Forums [Biker Match] Lochness , the prequel ? (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Lochness , the prequel ?

well have booked my ferry for thursday afternoon at 3.30 straight after work.....so will get to FA about 9pm i reckon. can someone refresh my memory....as i really cant be arsed and havent time to trawl ....is there a bunkhouse at this place and do i have to book it? enjoy ur trip to Skye on thursday Dusty oh and im not coming home til monday afternoon

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/07/2013 11:51  

its ok i checked the bunkhouse thing - i'll just chuck the tent on the bike.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/07/2013 14:01  

Is Dusty still alive?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2013 21:38  

Yes he is lol. Just spoke to Cumberland's . They have booked a hard pitch for us to park the bikes on and to have a bbq on . A dozen petrol tanks and hot charcoal . Sounds exciting lol. XK get your @rse up to Loch Ness for a day or two at least . Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 12/07/2013 00:58  

Just a reminder ,
CUMBERLANDS campsite only accepts CASH or CHEQUE .
£8.00 per person per day .
Payable in full at the time of arrival .
For the duration of your booking .
Dusty x
p.s.
I have no idea if the Bunchrew weekend is still going ahead . Can't get a response on the thread .
In order not to loose our place at Cumberlands , I've booked the pitch for the weekend as well , Tuesday through Sunday .
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 12/07/2013 12:49  

I believe barter is still the preferred method of commerce in the far north. Accordingly I will take a selection of blankets, beads and some firewater with me.
If that fails I'll try money.

I'm now on holiday and have started the celebrations with cold beers while lounging in the garden. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

I don't normally approve of consuming alcoholic beverages... but I thought it would be worth getting a little practice in.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/07/2013 19:45  

Oh lucky you , I've had two thirteen hour shifts and it looks like tonight a fifteen hour shift will still leave me an hour or so short of home . I hope I get rescued , coz I don't want to have a sweaty night out in this fekn truck . Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 12/07/2013 21:53  

Good morning Mr Dusty thats some handle by the way ''The Antichrist'' !!! does your rotweiler fit into your tankbag!!lol, i'm only here for the banter!! I thought it would be a good idea to try and step into whatever breach there is regarding the Loch Ness weekend, (see my post on that thread), so my question is are you and your hordes coming over on the fri as per your original plan !!?? or will you be competing for numbers !!?? hope to see you at Bunchrew.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2013 13:01  

scotdick , how many people are definitely going to Bunchrew on friday ? Do you know ? To my mind it's not a very good choice of site for bikers but I was intending moving there to have good times and a bbq sat night . ( to my mind , more fun than the pub) BUT , will any one be there ? If the answer is NO . I'm sure I can have a better time in Fort Augustus on my own . You see , I've no idea if anyone will turn up for either event . So , I'll see how it goes . Dusty

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 13/07/2013 16:48  

think I have my route to dumbarton sorted...aa routefinder says that it will take me 2hrs from Ayr and it takes me about 45mins to ayr so about 2 1/2 hrs please wait if im late

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 13/07/2013 17:16  

Hiya Lyn , I'm sure you're woman enough to get to Morrisons Dumbo at 12 noon . YES I'll wait , cost you a pint lol Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 13/07/2013 17:41  

hi my felllow happy campers , finally upgraded my subscription so i can chat to you lovely people ,

so im a bit confused , is peeps meeting up at dumbarton ? im heading over from edinburgh, and there talk of fort Agustin and inverness and bunk houses ect i have no clue where were staying and when, could some one more cleaver than me tell me please where we will be living on tus ,wed, thurs, fri, sat, and are we going to be in jhon o groats on sunday, if so il probably get a hotel maybe at McDonald hotel in avimore on sunday night or something, ps kawagirl loving your work on the zx7r your bike looks awesome, i have the older zxr750 j1 which i will be bringing along for the trip,

thanks guys looking forward to the trip and meeting and sharing a beer or 10 with you all thanks

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 13/07/2013 17:43  

Dusty, have to say, not certain,( ive come late to this), its what happens when your bike decides to go offroading into rocks! I know two guys have already paid the campsite owner for the weekend plus i am intending to go. Surprised you think its not a good choice for bikers, wondering what makes you think that, its one of the few sites in Scotland with lovely views from the camping area. Agree BBQ and a beer much better than pub. Would be a shame if your guys and gals are sat at Cumberlands with another group at Bunchrew. Guess we'll have to try and liase nearer the time. Richard

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2013 17:46  

are the other group at bunchrew or is their another event thats on at the same time ? thanks shaz

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 13/07/2013 17:55  

Shaz. the brunchew was the original item but a few people, led by Dusty, decided it's a long way to go for just a weekend.
And The Prequel was born.

The plan is to meet up with the weekenders. The worry is that most of the 22 signed up for it are saying nowt on the forum.

As Dusty says people have smart phones so we can sort it out in the week.

Actually I don't have a smartphone, but that's another story.

Roll on Tuesday, I'm really looking forward to the ride up

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/07/2013 19:40  

Ok the original plan was people were going to Bunchrew Inverness on Friday evening about 21:00 from a 09:00 start from Lymm services M6 jct 20ish travelling on A and B roads.
Saturday was a tootle around the Loch plus an enormous bbq and pi55 up on the evening . Sunday back home .

I don't do aeroplane holidays , since 1972 me, plus bike plus tent have been camping . So,,,,, I thought I'd have a few days at Fort Augustus inverness as a little holiday first .Cumberlands is in the town , with restaurants pubs and a chipy near by . Moving to Bunchrew fri/sat depending on the weather.
THAT IS STILL THE PLAN .
But if no bugger turns up , I'd rather be in Fort Augustus on my own than Bunchrew .
If Half a dozen people turn up for the Prequel . It doesn't matter if none of the Bunchrew originals arrive coz we can go over for the same pi55 up or fek off somewhere entirely different on the east coast.
Plus , Bunchrew is on the coast , nowhere near loch ness and I would have thought that a Loch ness trip should actually INCLUDE Loch Ness .
As I said , all I want is a memorable holiday .
BUT we can only make plans for people that turn up or post that they will arrive on a certain day .
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 13/07/2013 22:28  

Hi everyone, I'm on route now, just stopping off to see me kids in Milton Keynes then heading up to Northwich for my first stop, looking forward to seeing everyone Tuesday morning :-)
Keith

Update Reply
kmax1959 @ 14/07/2013 12:03  

Hiya Keith , a lovely day for it , You , me and Steve h at Tesco carlisle Tuesday between 09:00 and 10:00
remember your sun tan lotion lol .
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 14/07/2013 13:28  

ah i see thanks for clearing that up for me dusty and steve h, only thing im unsure of is what day i will be leaving work permitting im thinking of meeting the Thursday bunch but will come sooner as the more time spend up north of scotland the better , its just amazing up there ,

also i dont know how many folk have upgraded there subscriptions as i have been able to read the comments but wasent able to post up until recently so hopefully other peeps can read this but can comment altho a bit of communication wouldent go amiss between us all so we can all enjoy the trip together

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 14/07/2013 14:58  

There are some great BM runs all over the UK and Europe . They make a change from the usual bike rallies. A yearly full membership is money well spent . IMHO
BUT , for all you ladies and gents that would rather spend the dosh on beer and petrol here's my number ,
texts please , with your BM username ,
0789 426 7078
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/07/2013 09:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email