MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Herlp needed

Herlp needed - Forums [Biker Match] Herlp needed - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Herlp needed

Squires Cafe Bar - N...; PLEASE KEEP BUMPED...This is a bit of a long one but here goes...... There was due to be an easter egg run to St annes special school in brough on sunday alongside approx 55 other bikers but lsst night someone saw fit to arson attack the cafe in which they were storing all the easter eggs they had so far collected (71 in total) so far and now they are having to start collecting again from scratch. These are for children that may never have seen an easter egg before or who are not as fortunate as some of our children and was wondering if members would mind donating eggs for the cause before the ride out. (Which is now on 7th april due to having to refurbish the cafe) we are able to collect from most areas and i have also offered my house in ls10 as a drop off place. This is for such a good cause and under such extreme unforseen circumstances we would be grateful for any help xx thanku xxWe think we can help but we need your support tomorrow so please jump in the car and head over to the cafe if the weather is too bad Thank YouSquires

Update Reply
JP @ 23/03/2013 07:58  

Why are some folk so bleddy selfish! and destructive! I wish I could help out with the eggs JP cos I would (I've made this thread an active thread so it should stay prominent) Good Luck with getting together loads more eggs, and dosh Check your route is clear before you set off and if you do turn out take a shovel, a piece of carpet, warm clothes / hat/gloves etc, blankets and a flask of something warm, just in case your journey can't be completed. Make sure your mobile is topped up and fully charged. Take care

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/03/2013 11:33  

Well myself and Alice were there yesterday afternoon, but all we did was harrass the chef for coffee, chips and cake, and hog the warm radiators.....honest!!!

But seriously.......
It is such a wanton and deliberate act of destruction , that I just couldn't believe it when I read JP's post earlier. But the good people out there that far outnumber the bad will, I'm sure, make certain that all will be well.
Fingers crossed!.x.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2013 11:57  

One thing I like about bikers, they always stick together when needed and if anybody needs help, bikers are there for each other, as I have experienced myself since I joined here. I am amazed how many are going well out of their way to raise more eggs and funds to make the egg run happening. Good on ya... even though the weather is a total nightmare, people still make sure they can get up there

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 23/03/2013 13:12  

What sort of World do we live in !! Snowed in here so not able to help but hopefully you can salvage something ! I know now why I have returned to biking - bikers really are the BIZ !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2013 14:12  

Are they collecting eggs at squires? If so I will pop up tomorrow with something.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2013 14:17  

I've seen this post on Facebook, too. As far as I can make out, it's not Squires that's had the break-in and arson attack, but another cafe. Squires is offering a helping hand. Good on them, and I gather their own run is still on despite the weather.

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/03/2013 15:56  

I dont know I just posted this from FB this morning it read a bit confusing but I put that down to a stressed out worker trying to recoop something from this. I think Vlad is up there this afternoon and maybe he can clear this up

Update Reply
JP @ 23/03/2013 16:04  

jp just read ur message i can go buy some eggs an happy to drop them off but would need to know where to drop them as im in wolverhampton get bk to me an i will go buy some no problem @ all in box me or let me know happy to help where i can

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 23/03/2013 16:51  

The fire was at the Catfoss Cafe near Driffield.
Squires are hoping to replace the 70 eggs that were destroyed, from those donated to the Squires egg run so please donate extra eggs to Squires.
The Squires Egg run is now The Squires Egg event at Squires Tomorrow at 10:45. fancy dress optional.

A revised rideout will take place if conditions allow.

Come by car, bike, helicopter or whatever.

The carpark and approach roads are clear of snow.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 23/03/2013 17:39  

ok thanks will get my self up there tomozz just not sure if there be any 1 i know as a point of contact but will pick up some eggs k

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 23/03/2013 17:45  

Vlad is recognisable, even without his hat

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/03/2013 17:53  

ok ive fill my 4x4 up with fuel an been an brought some eggs to tk up will set off early in morn to be there if any 1 from b/ham /wolverhampton area wants go up i can offer a lift to any 1 wanting to go up let me know if i can help with a lift

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 23/03/2013 18:29  

I also will buy some eggs and take them to squires tomorrow.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2013 19:19  

ok guys c u at squires getting redy to leave an have a steady drive up c u later all

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 24/03/2013 06:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email