MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ricky Gervais

Ricky Gervais - Forums [Biker Match] Ricky Gervais - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ricky Gervais

Does anyone 'GET' Ricky Gervais. Me and Mrs AJ just can't see it. Anyone who knows me knows that i have a good sense of humour but i just cannot see what is funny about him. My Mrs says it's like the Emperor's new clothes story.... people assure him he's funny but he just isnt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He doesn't even make me smile, let alone laugh ... Mrs Browns Boys, which is my current favourite, cracks me up just to prove i do laugh at things Comments ??????

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 17/03/2013 17:25  

Think the bloke is a tosser so your not alone Aj

Update Reply
JP @ 17/03/2013 17:27  

Well, Pope A J, I don't find him amusing either but Harry Hill cracks me up, and that Dave what's-his-name the voice over on 'Come Dine with Me' just love his sarcastic comments.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/03/2013 17:27  

Nope don't get Gervais at all, he just doesn't make me laugh or even giggle. He actually reminds me of the nasty sneaky bully you used to always get in school years ago who used words instead of fists. He just comes across as snidey to me. Comedians who do make me laugh are the old classic ones like Laurel and Hardy, they don't even need to utter a single word and Im rolling around laughing at them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2013 17:33  

Hahahaha I just seen your profile pic AJ LOL your holiness

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2013 17:35  

RG is one of those so-called comedians who think that by delivering the punchline preceded by the 'f'' word is the surest way to get a laugh.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2013 17:38  

Gervais, Hill and Mrs Brown boys would not get a titter from me, but like Lulu Laurel and Hardy I can watch over and over.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 17/03/2013 17:49  

Don't get Gervais or Hill at all but do find Mrs Brown's Boys bloody funny, still cant beat Big Bang Theory though no matter how many times I've seen each episode

Update Reply
centurion @ 17/03/2013 18:41  

I thought that 'Derek' was wonderful and fully deserving of an award.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/03/2013 18:48  

Gervais has no appreciable talent as a comedian. When I saw trailers for an idiot abroad, I couldn't see what it was about, apart for a platform to show off his skill of forced laughter,( badly ), at situations that weren't even humorous. The office just made his name by being so cringingly bad. As a for Derek, well thinking that someone in a home, with an obvious mental disorder, that is low even for his standards. If he was on fire when I was walking past him, I personally wouldn't Piss on him, even if I pissed parafine.
Just my opinion, but we all have to make our own minds up, BBT is one of the funniest things on tv, but it won't appeal to everyone.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2013 20:56  

Double Six, we are entitled to our opinions. Those of us that have experience of working and living with people with learning difficulties (as Derek had and not a mental disorder), thought that he portraid the character with sensitivity, was very well researched and very true to life.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/03/2013 21:37  

Bandit lover, my comment wasn't aimed at you personally or in response to your comment, I do state it is my opinion that I regard him as talentless, I do believe I am entitled to air my opinions in an open forum where the originator of the thread asks for comments.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2013 23:13  

Double Six, we are entitled to our opinions.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 18/03/2013 07:30  

Ricky Gervais doesn't make me laugh out loud, in fact he hardly makes me laugh at all. The Office always makes me cringe inwardly - not because it's poor stuff, but because it is just SO true. He's got an enormous talent, just not always my cup of tea.

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/03/2013 13:51  

Nope, I don't get him either! Mrs Brown Boys deffinately & my all time fave - Billy Connolly...oooo Peter Kay - my hometown boy

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 18/03/2013 16:02  

Nope don't like him. I just don't find him funny. Centurion is right big bang theory is awesome! Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock!! I also really like Lee Evans

Update Reply
OMNF @ 18/03/2013 16:52  

please note: I havent criticised his acting skills, just his lack of 'comical genius' which we are assured he has. Must be hiding it well then. I thought he was great in 'Night at the Museum' (Where he belongs)

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 18/03/2013 18:11  

I don't get him either but agree with OMNF - Big Bang Theory has me crying with laughter. And went to see Lee Evans last year ..... he was so funny I couldn't breathe!!!!!

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 24/03/2013 13:35  

Think he,s a wxxker not at all funny

Update Reply
colin675 @ 24/03/2013 23:37  

For all those who like Big Bang Theory you definitely need to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdLvUkLW5Jk

Update Reply
OMNF @ 26/03/2013 21:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email