MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

travelling in europe

travelling in europe - Forums [Biker Match] travelling in europe - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

travelling in europe

Anyone any recommendations for travel insurance and breakdown cover for touring in europe on the bike? or even who to avoid. lookin an annual travel policy and maybe single trip breakdown cover.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/03/2013 20:50  

Carole Nash seem to incorporate a lot of these kind of things in their general bike policies. Great value if you need them.

Update Reply
Wills @ 15/03/2013 21:38  

yeah but I have my insurance thru Adelaide who charge me 115 a year whereas carole nash wanted 530! summat to do with livin in Ireland I think.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/03/2013 21:45  

HSBC Bank have an 'advanced' account worth looking at for personal worldwide travel insurance. Small monthly fee. Good immediate worldwide cover with homestart and breakdown recovery for UK included. Need to open an account though and check smallprint. Don't think HSBC policy recovers vehicles from Europe.

AA have good European breakdown/recovery cover available also, but be careful what you choose. i.e. costs of single trips versus multi trips etc.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 16/03/2013 00:49  

I have travel cover thru my Barclays premier account but was lookin for something a bit more bike related ie that gives me luggage/helmet/gear cover which most travel insurance doesn't. there are also some policys about which specifically exclude motorcycling! :(

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 16/03/2013 08:00  

Doh!

Sorry KW.

Good luck with that one. You are right of course.

We should start our own biker only insurance company, but my ex (the devil) always said she couldn't trust me with money.
More and more biking abroad now. There must be a niche there.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 16/03/2013 08:49  

haha - I call my ex "the devil" too ....not quite sure what that makes me tho! :/

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 16/03/2013 13:03  

Debs I'll get the details of travel insurance we used last year, was reasonable priced, I'm with MCE for the bike and all I need to do for that is let them know the dates and countries to be visited.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2013 13:11  

Sorry KW.

There is no argument, discussion or debating this.

THE devil is female. I know, I married it and have the scars to show for it.

We (including your ex) were only disciples lol.
It says 'divorced' on your profile which now makes you FREE.
I still have this to look forward to.

I'm getting off topic again...sorry.

Ride safe

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 16/03/2013 13:36  

@Kwakgirl

I'll spell KG right next time (i.e. without the W).

It's been a long week.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 16/03/2013 13:38  

Non hotmale not ALL women are 'the devil' thats like me saying ALL men are bastards too (which I know that ALL of them aren't) Please don't generalise about women. Apologies to KG and others for detracting from the thread, anyone wants to discuss or debate this PM me or start another thread.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2013 14:00  

Hi Lulu,

I didn't (and wouldn't) dream of generalising like that. It isn't right to do that. I can't see how you came to this conclusion. It's only one person I am referring to (and jokingly of course).

I have never seriously spoken ill of my ex even now. She is the mother of my children and we still try to show fair and balanced views to our grandchildren.

Sincere apologies if I unwittinlgy caused offence, none was meant. NHM

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 16/03/2013 15:15  

WhoA! hang on a mo.....surely it is a well know fact all men ARE bastards! :o
Thanks dave! x

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 16/03/2013 21:45  

Sorry the Devil is a bloke and he is bi.... you've heard the saying "she/ he has the devil in her/ him that one"...... well I rest my case ....

if you don't get it by now, you probably wont....

but back to insurance...I was with MCE as well it was the cheapest and the best cover and I'm sure I got 60 days cover abroad as standard...just call em and let em know your date..... on another note it is always worth having a brake down cover....lot of money to recover from europe if it goes tits up on you..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2013 00:56  

I'm only a bastard by birth, not by nature. haha!

I'm with MCE now Dave, good cover as you say. £507.00 for 3 bikes for 15 months duration.
Strangely, I need to pay extra to take a pillion on my ZX12R but not the other two.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 17/03/2013 16:36  

ebike is the policy I had it is very good... I just got a 3 bike policy quote for a K1300S, vfr800 and a XV700 customized for £457 with free European cover also legal....get in there

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2013 18:06  

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 18/03/2013 20:59  

its not bike insurance im after but travel insurance and breakdown cover. my policy with Adelaide covers me to ride the bike in Europe. but my existing breakdown cover (that i get thru my premier banking) doesnt give me recovery for anything over 10 years old outside of the UK....and my bike is a 99 model.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 19/03/2013 13:37  

dunno about breakdown cover, but travel insurance i did through Carol Nash, as most general travel ones dont cover riding bikes over 125.. its a stand alone policy rather than including bike ins..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 17:40  

thanks Neil - i'll go have a look.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 19/03/2013 20:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email