MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

A very lucky lady!

A very lucky lady! - Forums [Biker Match] A very lucky lady! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

A very lucky lady!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/mar/03/india-biker-escapes-truck-video

Update Reply
Wills @ 04/03/2013 22:28  

I have to ask the question... you have a motorbike jammed under your front wheels and you don't notice??? Scary!!

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 06/03/2013 08:46  

http://www.guardian.co.uk/wor...ruck-video The truck window does seem pretty high up, maybe the driver didn't see the rider? Also there are far more bikes on the roads over there so maybe other road users take bike riders for granted and genuinely don't 'see them'? Notice how the rider was still in the saddle for most of the time, she didn't part company with her bike until it went underneath the front of the truck? She was extremely lucky to get up from that collison, never mind run after the truck.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/03/2013 08:48  

Bloody hell! She was lucky the bike pushed her out of the way.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 06/03/2013 18:32  

HR the bike wasnt under the wheel it was jamed under the front but trust me you can hit a car and feel no more than a small bump and think it was a drain cover. As said she was lucky but next time she may look before turning

Update Reply
JP @ 06/03/2013 20:01  

i got rear ended by a lorry in london and he had absolutely no idea that i was there. it pushed my back wheel out but luckily i accelerated away from him. he knew all about it when i stopped him and had a friendly chat though.

Update Reply
xj @ 07/03/2013 01:02  

JP is the only one so far To point out that SHE turned ACROSS the path of the truck She is indeed a very lucky lady Maybe she WILL look Before she tries that maneuvre again

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/03/2013 01:17  

I'm not the only lgv driver on this site but even with 6 mirrors there are still blind spots front n/s corner is worst. Something I have said before when your on a roundabout and you see an lgv coming up to the line look to see if you see the driver you can be unseen behind the mirrors on trucks. Also when filtering if you can't see the driver in his or her mirror WE CANT SEE YOU

Update Reply
JP @ 07/03/2013 06:28  

Oh my days, I cannot believe she actually got up off the floor and ran! One lucky lady!

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 07/03/2013 06:59  

Chuffing nora! What a div for turning across the front of a lorry like that! Even I wouldn't do that....:O And it's not just lgvs with silly blindspots - the berlingo van is chuffing ridiculous for nearside vision....:(

Update Reply
MjN @ 10/03/2013 19:14  

Ouch..........but why would you go right infront of a lorry??

Update Reply
drobess @ 10/03/2013 22:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email