MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

BMW K75 Blowing

BMW K75 Blowing - Forums [Biker Match] BMW K75 Blowing - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

BMW K75 Blowing

headlight bulbs on dip done about 4 in less than a year getting to be a real pain in the ar**. Also i think alternator cush drive maybe on it's way out again this would be the 3rd in less than a year if it is, will be stripping alternator off on the weekend to chec. Anybody got any ideas on this be grateful but this bike is heading for ebay at the mo have never been overly pleased with it that being said engine seems as sound as a pound and very strong. just the bits around it let it down lol.
Not a patch on MY ST1100 Pan Euro

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/02/2013 11:58  

I used to get a lot of this in a faired bike too. The light is mounted in the fairing
which as it gets older picks up and vibrates to an ever increasing range of engine vibrations. The solution is to make sure that the faring is as much as possible isolated from the engine and frame using new rubber mountings. You must also check the engine mountings in the frame. Its the varying vibration which is amplified by the fairing and shakes the lamp filaments to pieces.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2013 21:12  

Check your supply voltage to the bulb with the engine running at a high idle, should be around 13.2-13.5, more than this will start killing bulbs and seeing as we use dip far more than main beam....
If it is higher, check to see what you are getting at the battery, if thats less then you got a bad connection somewhere, try cleaning earths first.

If your knocking out alternator cush drives that often then i reckon the alternator is probably not well. Check for bearing wear and the like.

Update Reply
suzook12 @ 07/02/2013 00:21  

Bit of a puzzle. One thing K75s don;t do is vibrate. K100s, yes, but not the triples.

Update Reply
Wills @ 07/02/2013 00:59  

Really starting to hate this bike

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2013 08:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email