MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Help planning a surprise birthday present

Help planning a surprise birthday present - Forums [Biker Match] Help planning a surprise birthday present - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Help planning a surprise birthday present

Not sure if I'm putting this in the right forum. Those of you who attended the M/cr night out, met my friend Alison. Alison is one of a very few friends who truly supported me in my learning to ride a motorbike and her encouragement has been worth its weight. I would love to do something a little special and different for her birthday on Sat 20 April. Alison used to pillion a long time ago with an old boyfriend. she hasn't had the opportunity since. She is unable to learn to ride as she is registered blind. Now I know that she loved being on a bike and would love to do it again. Thing is I can't take her as a pillion as i only passed in July 2012, plus I've not got the riding experience either. Is there anyone (or more) who would be up for taking her out on a ride around as a pillion on her birthday (or the Sunday). I'd like to see if i could get her on as many different bikes as I can in one day, but I know that is probably a bit much to ask. Would anyone be up for this? Just thought I'd ask. Ta RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/01/2013 14:01  

Thats a really nice sentiment...........were i anywhere near Manchester I would. I'm sure there's a few Manc bikers on here that will ??????

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/01/2013 17:29  

Thats a really thoughtful Birthday Pressie RB... Lovely idea is that...i hope you get many offers too.. x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/01/2013 18:04  

Count me in Jo. x

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 23/01/2013 18:25  

Just checked, would have to be Saturday as going to Thundersprint Sunday.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 23/01/2013 18:27  

RB I am working that day otherwise I would definitely have been pleased to do it, However I think if you put it as a bm rideout, explaining what it is, on events page I would bet you would have more offers than you would know what to do with. she could have a choice. And we all know bm members like a good excuse for a ride and chinwag

Update Reply
petewick @ 23/01/2013 18:37  

Cheers everyone. @non hot male - honey, you are sooooo on the list. and I will make it the Saturday (which is her actual birthday) as I know Ali would love to see you. I will PM you about it. @Petewick - that is such a good idea. I thought I would see if anyone was able to help first and haven't even thought about details yet. I will however float the idea by Sandi and see if we can get it on the events calendar. I am very much open to suggestions and ideas of what people would suggest with regard to meet up etc having never been on a ride out or done anything like this before. Sandi - would it be easier if I posted again in events. The day will be Saturday April 20. RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 24/01/2013 09:22  

Could be up for this,won't know if I'm available til nearer the time,work etc.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 24/01/2013 12:11  

I'm only going so I can wind her up about being 50 ha! ha! (I know it's 48?? ish??) - Help me out here Jo, you may remember that I was a bit tipsy when we all spoke last.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 24/01/2013 18:30  

Aw now come on NHM...I'm not confirming Ali's age (nor am I denying the suggestion put forward ). Ive told her I'm getting her trapeze lessons for her b/d RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 24/01/2013 19:15  

She'll only be 21 years (and a few months) old.

Well, when I say a FEW months.

Bugger, my calculators giveN up.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 24/01/2013 20:06  

Just a thought Jo.

How are you going to convince her she needs to wear bike clobber to do trapezing?

This I've got to see.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 26/01/2013 23:09  

I've said its to do with all the new health and safety regulations brought in. Protection at all times

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 27/01/2013 10:14  

Cool, that's a good one. Credit there Jo. I knew you'd you come up with something.

Health and Safety my arse! lol.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 27/01/2013 10:42  

Jo, I dont live far from you [see my pm a couple of days ago] so subject to weather and still breathing I will do my best to take her out for a ride on my bike. R xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2013 13:46  

Hi R Puter is a bit hit and miss at the mo. The more the merrier in my opinion so your offer is most welcome. RB x

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 28/01/2013 09:17  

Right-e-oh
This is now set for saturday 20 april. Non hotmale has agreed to play "mum"

The idea would be to meet somewhere easy for anyone who wants to come along.

Lunch will be fish and chips.

I would be very much appreciate route/trip suggestions.....bearing in mind that there may be a range of experience.....I'm still new to this myself.

All help gratefully accepted

RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 29/03/2013 16:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email