MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

is it me

is it me (2) - Forums [Biker Match] is it me (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

is it me

im with aol kwak

Update Reply
gsrider @ 19/08/2007 20:12  

tiscali!!depends on time o day sometimes!! have beenthrown of when they exceed there bandwidth!!but generally quite fast!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 20/08/2007 07:22  

I'm with Virgin Media....if that's any help.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 20/08/2007 07:24  

i'm really slow here... page generated in 0.3125 seconds, 393 users online..not good, i'm with orange

Update Reply
tagon @ 20/08/2007 07:35  

spoke to soon slowed up now!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 20/08/2007 08:04  

spoke to soon slowed up now!!! Ditto

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/08/2007 08:20  

What ISPs are you all with? Those who are having problems. I bet its AOL (The worst ISP in the world - take it from a professional). I'm with KPN in the Netherlands, and I've never known the site run so fast! The page generation times you are all posting shows how fast the web server is running. Anything more than that is how long it takes you to download the page, which will depend on your ISP, connection speed and CONTENTION RATIO (Look that up, its VERY important and is what seperates cheap internet from good internet connections). Here is a website that test the performance of other sites. SO, if you're having a problem, run this link and it will tell you how fast the site is at that very moment for other users... SPEED_TEST If that shows as being fast, but it's not for you, then it's your ISP thats crap. Here's some tests I've just done in the forums... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/site%20speed.doc ???????????? So I don't know. Maybe one of the main internet routes out of London has died??? I'd welcome someone with IT Experience doing this for me from their PC (When it's running slow!).... Click start, Run, type CMD and enter...pathping bikermatch.co.uk > c:\BMTest.txtThen wait 5 minutes or more until it says completed, then post the contents of the file saved in c:\bmtest.txt Might be 1 nakard hop between your house and the server in the US. It might be just one county that is affected. It's definitely not the server though, it's flying long here at all times of the day.

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 08:20  

Matt I hate to burst your bubble hon but as my ISP is the same as it's always been, (NTL >> Vrigin Media) since I joined the site a year ago, and the site has been fairly quick to load up to now, I fail to see that ISP is at fault here.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/08/2007 08:24  

Matt I tried the run test typed in EXACTLY as you typed it and nowt happened all I got was Microsoft Windows XP (version 5.1.2600) <c> copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp c:\documents and settings ......

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/08/2007 08:35  

Iv always been with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:stockticker>AOL</st1:stockticker> Gold and when I first joined BM I had no problems at all It’s only the last few day that Iv been having trouble trying to get around this site all other sites I visit are all ok and I have no problems. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
dragon @ 20/08/2007 08:57  

loading from favs other sites instant,this slow!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 20/08/2007 09:22  

Dammit. But look how fast it is for me... www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/bm%20test.wmv

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 09:40  

Update: I've raised with the webhosts to run performance tests, will report back when i have the results. I really am thinking of a major internet problem from the UK to the US or something. Kwak, don't worry about the Pathping, let someone else do it lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 09:41  

Two questions... Does it have ups and downs? What are the "Page generated in..." times when its slow? Even if it isn't AOL - I feel it my duty as a good citizen to tell you all to GET AWAY FROM AOL!

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 09:46  

ok I'm trying to find out what the problem is, but it's hard as I'm only one person at one PC. I think there might be a network issue on the internet somewhere, maybe between London and Miami (Where the servers are). I desperately need some of you to do the pathping test. I can't give you more simple instructions than this though, so if it doesn't make sense then don't worry about it... Click start then RUN then type CMD ...you get a command prompt window - good type this EXACTLY...pathping bikermatch.co.uk > c:\BMTest.txt This saves the results to bmtest.txt...Once it has finished of course, which takes 5 minutes Once saved, go to... My Computer, C Drive Open BMTest.txt Highlight the text Press CTRL+C Come back to BM Start a new reply here Press CTRL+V Post it. Cheers!

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 10:14  

ok, we've found it. It all depends on your ISP and what ROUTE they send you to America over! Some use one route, some use another (Which is how the pingpath helps us). A response from the webhosts in the US following immediate investigation is this... "We know the problem now, there is a router having an outage there in europe that is still announcing routes as available that are not, so our systems are sending that way and you don't get them.The trace dies when running over cogent and gets to carrier 'eweka' AS12989 which is an upstream for PT AS8737 Basically, there is a major router out over there!" So it just DEPENDS how lucky you get. I'm looking into it and who I can advise, but basically there is a big pipe down and it's having a knock-on effect. You will find that websites hosted in the UK or europe are ok, and even parts of the US, but others (Depending on their location in the US) will be down (Including bikermatch). At least we have found the source of the problem.

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 11:53  

Wow theres big problems accross Europe! Looks like a virus or something has broke out. Look at all the routers down... http://internettrafficreport.com/europe.htm EuropeAvg. Response Time: 273 Avg. Packet Loss: 10 %Total Routers: 25 Network up: 68 %

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 12:53  

Theres a company called Cogent who provide the main pipes from US to Europe. Basically there services are all nakard, but the ISPs all over the world haven't yet realised. Its more detailed than that though. http://internetpulse.com/Main.aspx?Period=RH1 Here;s their network.. http://www.cogentco.com/img/other/networkmap_large.gif

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 13:10  

Well, I wish someone would get their arse into gear and go get it bloody sorted!!! It's driving me nuts

Update Reply
Di @ 20/08/2007 13:43  

An email has been sent to the authorities. This one is outta my hands though. I know you might only be experiencing it with Bikermatch, but it's just coincidence.

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 13:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email