MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

is it me

is it me (3) - Forums [Biker Match] is it me (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

is it me

PS: I got hit by it too earlier, but im back to full speed again. Hows it looking now for everyone? At least the deadlock thing is sorted - no reports in the log files showing that anybody has had a single one!

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 13:53  

Kwak, don't worry about the Pathping, let someone else do it lol Erm...there is no one else here but me, and I'm quite capable of following instructions ta very much!! (when I'm NOT havin a blonde moment) I did EXACTLY as you said but it didn't work the way you said it would and THAT is the only reason I am unable to carry the test thro. Not ALL women are complete ignoramouses/ignoramice when it comes to computers ya know!!! I've got qualifications in I T and computers just like some of the boys... so ner

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/08/2007 13:56  

ok, open a command prompt and manually type in the command pathping bikermatch.co.uk > c:\bmtest.txt Then post the results from that text file. :-) As long as ur not using a Mac (Cough, SPIT) that is lol. Here's a laymans terms of what's happening to the internet for everyone... Imagine theres 2 big pipes you can send water down, but sharing 50% of the load. Then theres a crack in one pipe, which means u loose half of the water going down that pipe, which would be 25% of all your water. The person/pump sending the water down that pipe should stop doing so, and utilise the free space in the other pipe, thus sending 100% down one pipe but not loosing the 25% due to the other nakard pipe. Pipe = internet fibre going from London to MiamiWater = Internet data / webpages for exampleSize of each pipe = data bandwidthCrack = nakard service at CogentPump = some of the ISPs in europeLeakage = packet loss Basically - the pumps (ISPs if you like) haven't realised there is a crack (Fault) with the pipe (internet fibre) and so are continuing to send water (Data) down it, but not realising there is a leakage (Packet loss). Think i did well at explaining that lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 14:15  

You explained it excellently Matt. Previously ya typed c:\BMTest this time you typed c:\bmtest I'd ask WHICH is it, but it don't make any difference cos my puter seems to be completely ignoring me at mo

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/08/2007 14:26  

I'm with ya hun, how do we let the doofuses know that we're leaking into where ever we're leaking to!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 20/08/2007 14:28  

that would be the atlantic, as the pipes go through there haha. Our biggest problem is letting them know... A) Those who have the problemB) Those who are sending our internet over the problem pipes Theres no contact details, they all seem to avoid giving any contact details. Grrrr. Seems to be getting better now though, so maybe they've realised. The internet is designed to avoid this automatically. If it sees that a pipe is broken, it find another pipe. The problem is when the pipe LEAKS and it doesn't realise it. The broken service isn't 100% broken, so it keeps sending out signals to the other side saying that it IS ok, so the other side keeps on sending that water through. Get it? We've just no way of telling them Presently 93% is leaking!

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 15:24  

Here u go... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/networkmap_large.jpg

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 15:33  

ah its really fast for me now though

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 15:35  

leaking i thought i was drowning.............iii just hand to walk downstairs out into the garden to pick my comp up from where it landed as i thought it might be that whiich was the problem now i find out it isnt..........

Update Reply
gsrider @ 20/08/2007 15:56  

Shut up!! Smarty pants!

Update Reply
Di @ 20/08/2007 15:58  

matt when im using bm through aol its slower than ndi to the bar.....lol..........but using internet explorer its normall speed

Update Reply
gsrider @ 20/08/2007 16:12  

told you NEVER use AOL! It's the NUMBER ONE GOLDEN RULE OF THE INTERNET! AOL=BAD=NO=CRAP= Dont even go there!!!! IT geeks like me call people who phone us with stupid questions AOLers! lol, like newbies. Dump the AOL, and get a proper ISP. I'd even recommend BT over AOL!!!! No ISP should EVER insist you use their software, you pay for the damn internet connection and not software etc. Anyhow, here's what it currently looks like for me, i cant believe it... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/bm%20test.wmv Ive never known it so fast!

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2007 16:17  

Things look good again... how's it performing for you guys?

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/08/2007 05:39  

Update: "Concerning the cable break near Cleveland we have been informed that the cables have been intentionally sabotaged. The provider informed that they need to change the whole damaged fibre part and that is 3600 feet. Fibre has been ordered and ETA is 1900 UTC. Once the fibre arrives they need to blow it into the 3600 feet long duct before the splicing can start." http://www.webhostingtalk.com:80/showthread.php?t=629335

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/08/2007 05:41  

Mine is working fine today, hope by typing that it doesn't ruin things :) At least today I can actually log in on the first attempt, rather than 3 or 4 tries.

Update Reply
TAT2DVEGAN @ 21/08/2007 07:31  

Running like the wind

Update Reply
dragon @ 21/08/2007 07:53  

ill close the ticket with the webhosts then. Theres nothing they can do anyhow. Thanks all

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/08/2007 14:03  

No probs at the min Matt!

Update Reply
Di @ 21/08/2007 14:05  

mines working ok today too,thank goodness,i felt like chucking the whole lot at the kids-erm,maybe i shouldnt have said that,but they were bein little shits!!

Update Reply
witchiest @ 21/08/2007 16:04  

Jen, they'd probably fix it for you knowing kids these days! lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/08/2007 16:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email